Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 252627

Thread: How did we do?

Blog Entries

Re: How did we do?

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    Could be a combo of both but the right personnel would highlight where the problem truly lies.
    This is a good point, because we haven't been able to highlight the true and deep rooted issue. If there is one thing that we did figure out, it is that Joe is not the problem compared to Cameron or the WRs, because we've seen him make the 'clutch' throws. Whether they have been caught or not.

However, we haven't seen the best fits for Cameron's system. Dickson had his opportunity, but drops the ball. Torrey was only a rookie. If they can really develop Tommy Streeter, he could represent a good fit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

on br.com DeCosta says that Gradkowski was the favorite pick.

They obviously think very highly of the kid.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

So, do Osemele and Gradkowski compete for the LG spot?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Probably, but I'm thinking that the Ravens are thinking "center" regarding Gradkowski, at least eventually. He's 300 lbs which in today's NFL is light for a guard. But no problem for a center. Grad is probably a backup swing C/G for 2012 and eventually replaces Birk.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    on br.com DeCosta says that Gradkowski was the favorite pick.

They obviously think very highly of the kid.
    I like the Gradkowski pick a lot, but DeCosta also said that about Yamon Figurs when he was drafted. I just hope things turn out differently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think Osemele and Reid compete for the LG and Gradkowski may sit behind Birk for this year and learn center.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ...DeCosta says that Gradkowski was the favorite pick.

Mine too. But not because I have any real knowledge of college prospects. In fact, I don't follow the college game at all. That's why I find these draft threads informative as well as entertaining. Seriously. As to how to grade the draft, I have no idea. Put me in the camp that says let's wait a couple of years before judging. Well, assuming none of this year's draftees fall down the stairs and crack their noggin.

Oh, and why is Gino Gradkowski my favorite pick? The name, of course! "Gino" is such as awesome name for a football player. Especially if you're from Baltimore. I hope he becomes our starting center and holds the spot for a dozen years. Gino Gradkowski. The name alone is worth a 4th-rounder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In my (feeble) mind YES, but I find an irony here...because I envision Osemele as our LT and GG as our Center in 2013... Bc

FWIW...

From Rotoworld:
    Referenced quote -- According to CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, 49ers GM Trent Baalke had a "noticeable reaction" in the draft room when the Ravens grabbed G/C Gino Gradkowski early in the fourth round after San Francisco had traded back.

Rotoworld commentary -- Clearly targeting Gradkowski himself, Baalke traded back again to select Joe Looney after the Ravens snagged Bruce's brother. Labeling Gradkowski "athletic and nasty," former Ravens and Eagles scout Daniel Jeremiah predicts the fourth-rounder will be the eventual starting center in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I like the Gradkowski pick a lot, but DeCosta also said that about Yamon Figurs when he was drafted. I just hope things turn out differently.
    Question: When has a GM ever said, "Yeah, we picked this guy but we really don't think he's that good and wish we could have gotten somebody else"?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Question: When has a GM ever said, "Yeah, we picked this guy but we really don't think he's that good and wish we could have gotten somebody else"?
    Agreed, but I was simply commenting on the "favorite pick" part of the comment.