Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Quote Originally Posted by graniteraven View Post
    Nice one Mrs Granite and I are at the Baseball on the friday as well. Neither one of us knows the first thing about it but worth heading along to tick it off the list. Are you guys in a hotel in MV? We used a site called Airbnb to get accom. Its pretty much folk renting out there houses, it's something a little different from hotels i suppose. Got a great deal for NY with that site.
    Just had a look at the Baltimore classic tickets but the look on the mrs face when i mentioned it means that wont be happening Can't complain with the football and baseball in 3 days being in Baltimore.
    Baseball is some craic, bring your drinking boots! Staying the the Mount Vernon Hotel, cheap & cheerful and within walking distance of Inner Harbor, can't ask for more (think there's an Irish bar around the corner from it as well)

Preseason Hockey is pretty poor, so probably not missing much,, saying that, might be different atmosphere as Baltimore only gets the one game a year, here's hoping!

2. Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Stayed in the Mount Vernon hotel myself two years ago. Decent enough hotel, thought it was great value for money at the price we got it at the time. If my memory serves me correctly it's about 15minutes walk from the inner harbour. But there's also a light rail stop 2 mins from the hotel which we used at night.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Blog Entries

Ok guys, I'm planning to have my leave sometime during the season, but I really don't know wHere to start. Where do I buy tickets? How much would a ticket cost for decent seats? What is the best area/hotel to stay in, also what are the best areas to go for a few bevvies after the game? Nothing is certain right now, I'm just speculating about this with a few mates. A trip to Maryland to watch the Ravens would be awesome! Taking into account this would be my first visit to Baltimore, so I don't know the area too well, spent too much time in Florida!

Any info would be appreciated!

Just to give you lads an alternative, if you stay at the hotels in Harbor East (Marriott Courtyard, Hilton Garden Inn, etc), you get a better feel of Baltimore and its neighborhoods, particularly Fells Point and Little Italy.

Those hotels are still a short walk to the harbor and blocks from Fells Point. The Inner Harbor is decent enough but if you desire to hang with the locals, consider the places I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Stayed in the Mount Vernon hotel myself two years ago. Decent enough hotel, thought it was great value for money at the price we got it at the time. If my memory serves me correctly it's about 15minutes walk from the inner harbour. But there's also a light rail stop 2 mins from the hotel which we used at night.
    Excellent, thanks.. looks decent enough & at less than €60 a night per room can't really go too wrong!

Cool Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

[QUOTE=cb99;466501]Toeman,
    Any chance of 4 Irish lads joining in the tailgate?? We'll throw some money in the pot!

Absolutely! The Irish actually get a discounted price..........

leachisabeast----I use StubHub for the Ravens away games since they have some kind of guarantee included when you purchase thru them. I have not had any issues with the purchases I have made using StubHub. Pricing will vary greatly depending on which game you choose.

Philly Week 2 is my pick city this year since I have been to most of the away stadiums we have on the schedule this year.

Can someone summarize who is coming for which game(s). I want to make sure I have an ample supply of celery.

btw: Our gang, minus Ben "Fells Point Raven", retreated to our former digs at Lot J last season and should be staying put. We currently have no UK members (except when my son-in-law visits) but we have learned how to converse with y'all from across the pond without requiring a translator.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    IrishRaven--
    FedEx dropped off your pair of tickets for the opener MNF------see you soon!
    Obviously got your email but just seeing this now. Can't wait, so excited for my first night time game. I fly into NYC on the Friday and spend 3 nights there before heading to Bmore by train on the Monday morning with a work colleague. We will get into town early enough to enjoy some crabs at Bo Brooks before the game. We are staying in the same hotel as always - the Marriott by Pier 7, just on the water.

@Toe - would you mind getting 12 bottles of anything (no cider needed this year) and I will fix you up when I come to your tailgating area. Where will you be this year?

Will Monday be busy after the game? Hoping to go out for a few drinks somewhere.

If anyone wants anything from the island of Ireland let me know and I'll be happy to bring it over...looking forward to seeing everyone again - can't wait to break out the new Ray Rice jersey ;)

I am there for the Monday night game against the Bengals (only 3 weeks to go)

We are at the same spot as always---on Ostend St between Sharpe and Peach---hopefully in the corner closer to Peach St. I am hoping the lot manager makes the employees vacate the lot since it is a work day. If not, we may get moved down closer to Sharpe. We should be there by 4pm.
    Is canned beer OK or do you need bottles? Several cases of canned beer will be there and I can put both of you into the head count. If not, I will grab 12 bottles for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    We are at the same spot as always---on Ostend St between Sharpe and Peach---hopefully in the corner closer to Peach St. I am hoping the lot manager makes the employees vacate the lot since it is a work day. If not, we may get moved down closer to Sharpe. We should be there by 4pm.
    Is canned beer OK or do you need bottles? Several cases of canned beer will be there and I can put both of you into the head count. If not, I will grab 12 bottles for you.
    Cans will be perfect happyanim

We will definitely be there by 4, probably a little earlier around 3pm to soak up all the atmosphere. Living for it.