Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Top work Toe, did you get her phone number?
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

2. Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Alright guys, new member but follow the site a bit.

Got my tripped booked last weekend and heading over for the Browns game on the thursday night :happyanim

A quick question for you guys. Whats the deal with tailgaiting? How does it work? Hoping to grab a few beers with mrs granite before the game but unsure how it works or weather to just find a bar.

Cheers in advance.

TOEMAN is the best for local info as he is a native. There are several groups on the main forum that meet up for tailgates in various places around the many parking lots. As it is a Thursday night game it may be a bit different.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

GraniteRaven---New members are always welcome! You have no worries in reference to tailgating. I have a large group that will be there late afternoon and you are welcome to attend. Beer and food will be there and maybe that infamous ice luge. Sitting in a bar is for afterwards. Tailgating is the way to go beforehand for the true "experience". Greg and Mister T are a short walk from where I tailgate unless they move this year.
    Dave--No phone number, Mrs Toe is just 2 miles away from the pub.

5. Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    GraniteRaven---New members are always welcome! You have no worries in reference to tailgating. I have a large group that will be there late afternoon and you are welcome to attend. Beer and food will be there and maybe that infamous ice luge. Sitting in a bar is for afterwards. Tailgating is the way to go beforehand for the true "experience". Greg and Mister T are a short walk from where I tailgate unless they move this year.
    You do have a newly single Scottish friend though, put in a good word for me Tim
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

GraniteRaven- I'd definitely recommend meeting up with Toe and his mates for some good old fashioned tailgating action. Went over for a couple of game last season and couldn't have been made more welcome and had a great time both before and during the games.

Still hoping to make it over this season (I still need to do an ice luge, even if I did manage to squeeze in a beer bong on Thanksgiving!) but currently looking into buying a flat/apartment and something might have to give!

7. Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Cheers for the replies guys and thanks Toeman for the invite :) Do we need to bring anything beer etc? (A complete tailgating newbie)

Still can't believe it's happening tbh. just worked out than in 11 weeks I will have seen my first Ravens game (hopefully with a win)

How is Baltimore as a city? I guess you can read all day about the good and bad things about a place so it's probably better to ask someone who knows i suppose. We are staying in the Mt Vernon area of the city, which i have heard is quite nice.

If you are good with domestic canned beer, there will be plenty. Someone from the group will volunteer and put out the spread of food for the tailgate. I just need to put you in the count a week before the Browns game. You will just need to show up in Purple and look for me. I will be wearing purple also.
    OR
    You can just look for this guy---

http://www.sptimes.com/News/012901/S...__Ravens.shtml

I will post up the location when the game gets closer.

IrishRaven--
    FedEx dropped off your pair of tickets for the opener MNF------see you soon!

10. Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

If you are good with domestic canned beer, there will be plenty. Someone from the group will volunteer and put out the spread of food for the tailgate. I just need to put you in the count a week before the Browns game. You will just need to show up in Purple and look for me. I will be wearing purple also.
    OR
    You can just look for this guy---

http://www.sptimes.com/News/012901/S...__Ravens.shtml

I will post up the location when the game gets closer.
    Great picture, must have been amazing being there at the SB.

Any beer is great for me :-) Will defo be wearing purple although loving the white Nike shirt. Guessing its cool for the mrs to tailgate also

9 weeks and counting :happyanim

Toeman,
    Any chance of 4 Irish lads joining in the tailgate?? We'll throw some money in the pot!

Graniteraven,
    Staying in the Mount Vernon area as well,, below is our schedule of games,, plan on keeping busy! Managed to pick up tickets on stubhub.
    Wed 26th Sept – Baltimore Hockey Classic
    Thurs 27th Sept – Browns @ Ravens
    Fri 28th Sept – Red Sox @ O’s –
    Sat 29th Sept – San Jose @ Navy
    Sun 30th Sept – Up the road to Philly for Giants @ Eagles

12. Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Quote Originally Posted by cb99 View Post
    Toeman,
    Any chance of 4 Irish lads joining in the tailgate?? We'll throw some money in the pot!

Graniteraven,
    Staying in the Mount Vernon area as well,, below is our schedule of games,, plan on keeping busy! Managed to pick up tickets on stubhub.
    Wed 26th Sept – Baltimore Hockey Classic
    Thurs 27th Sept – Browns @ Ravens
    Fri 28th Sept – Red Sox @ O’s –
    Sat 29th Sept – San Jose @ Navy
    Sun 30th Sept – Up the road to Philly for Giants @ Eagles
    Nice one Mrs Granite and I are at the Baseball on the friday as well. Neither one of us knows the first thing about it but worth heading along to tick it off the list. Are you guys in a hotel in MV? We used a site called Airbnb to get accom. Its pretty much folk renting out there houses, it's something a little different from hotels i suppose. Got a great deal for NY with that site.
    Just had a look at the Baltimore classic tickets but the look on the mrs face when i mentioned it means that wont be happening Can't complain with the football and baseball in 3 days being in Baltimore.