Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Log your Ravens trip here!

Whilst there are plenty of conversations on facebook about potential trips to Ravens games this coming season, I thought we could log our intentions on 24*7. It may seem a bit cloak and dagger but there is plenty of 'wishful thinking' on facebook - history shows that is all it will be.
    Anyone acually serious about going, and wants to join forces with other UKR's, the discussion is better stared here.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Re: Log your Ravens trip here!

Standing by to bring the ice luge for any of the UKRavens making the trip! Gordon, get some of those luge pictures up on FB. I know there are a bunch of pictures from over the years.

I'm toying with either Pats and Browns in September or either Steelers and Redskins on road, or Redskins on road and Broncos. I'm leaning towards the December trip despite the fact I'll freeze my ass off simply because I like the idea of an afternoon game at M&T Bank, whether it is v Steelers or Broncos!

Toe, I assume you'll be going to the Redskin's game?

Would love to be able to finally make the trip this year, but unfortunately Vegas in October for the Cowgirls game is as close as I'm going to get.

Always next year!!
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

I have done the Ravens at Redskins game before so I am heading north to Philly Week 2. If all goes well, I will get out of there alive........

If I make a trip over for the Ravens / Cowboys game on Oct 14 it looks like I'll be on my own this time around.
    What else is happening in Balt / Md that weekend?

Because of my PFF commitments I'll not be making the trip over for a regular season game. I will however, be definitely coming over for a playoff game should we make it there. For anyone who's not gone, I've been across three times now and I've enjoyed it even more each time. It's expensive to go over for a game but each time it's been worth every penny to me.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    If I make a trip over for the Ravens / Cowboys game on Oct 14 it looks like I'll be on my own this time around.
    You will have just missed some big September events: 2 boat shows in Annapolis and Defenders Day (on the eve of its 200th Anniversary). For y'all Limeys: that celebrates Baltimore defense (which y'all may spell as "defence") of Fort McHenry and the City of Baltimore. If you don't understand the significance of Defenders' Day, read this ----> re the Star Spangled Banner. It's all about the marauding British fleet burning defenseless American villages along the Chesapeake Bay shoreline, until stymied by the gallant defenders of Fort McHenry plus their oversized flag. You may want to consider leaving your stadium seat just before each game, when Mishael Miller belts out the Star Spangled Banner:

The song is less than complimentary about British invaders!

We'll be celebrating "winning" the War of 1812 for the next three years, including a visit by HMS & Canadian frigates all week (I hope the are not going to fire rockets at Ft. McHenry!!!). Also a big-ass air show over Baltimore Harbor this weekend.

Back on topic: it seems that there is always something major happening in mid-October: Fells Point, Inner Harbor or ethnic festivals. If you make the trip, post again so we can try to get you better data.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    I'm actually looking into this game- my mate who got me into watching football is a Cowboys fan (nobody's perfect, right?) so we're thinking about a few days in Baltimore for the game with a week in California or New Orleans before or after.

That's is something we could look at combining for some part of. If I go it will only be a short weekend trip but we still have time to look at available options.
    I know the MD Terps are away on the Saturday and there is only a Chrstian rock band (if there is such a thing) playing downtown on that Saturday evening. So at the moment I'd be planning just to get sh%t faced at either Fells Point or the Inner Harbour for most of the time!

Don't think I'll make a single game this year, as things stand. We're back for Thanksgiving but Ravens are away BOTH weekends around then :grbac:

Banking all of my holiday time for the September games.....
    Dave- went into the local pub last night and met the new girl behind the bar. I asked if that was an English accent and she said "yes, I am from Huddersfield". I laughed and said I know where that is----up north. She was a little surprised I knew this until I explained.........:)