Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Are the bengals the best team in the afc north?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    If they have a soft schedule, they will win.
    The Bengals play virtually the same schedule as the Ravens but face the Jets and Jags versus the Ravens facing NE and Houston.

All AFC North teams play the NFC East and AFC West which mean the division winner may take it by winning 9 or 10 games if those teams play as expected. The QB's the Ravens are scheduled to face this year are Brady, Manning, E. Manning, Vick, Romo, RG III or Luck, Shaub, Palmer, the Rapist(2), Dalton(2), Rivers. The only 'breaks' are McCoy or Taneyhill (2) and Cassell. The Bengals face all of those QB's but get a break with Dirty Sanchez/Tebow and Gabbert/Henne instead of Brady Schaub.

One things for sure the Ravens offense is going to have to score 28 or more in a lot of those games to win......but so will the Bengals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The Bengals play virtually the same schedule as the Ravens but face the Jets and Jags versus the Ravens facing NE and Houston.

All AFC North teams play the NFC East and AFC West which mean the division winner may take it by winning 9 or 10 games if those teams play as expected. The QB's the Ravens are scheduled to face this year are Brady, Manning, E. Manning, Vick, Romo, RG III or Luck, Shaub, Palmer, the Rapist(2), Dalton(2), Rivers. The only 'breaks' are McCoy or Taneyhill (2) and Cassell. The Bengals face all of those QB's but get a break with Dirty Sanchez/Tebow and Gabbert/Henne instead of Brady Schaub.

One things for sure the Ravens offense is going to have to score 28 or more in a lot of those games to win......but so will the Bengals.
    How can you be sure that RG3 is going to set the world alight against our defense? He hasn't played one down in the NFL, I never make assumptions on players who haven't proven anything in the NFL. Also what teams there do you see putting more than 28 points on our defense? Brady managed 23, and they are probably the best offensive team in the league, along with the Packers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MMFan23 View Post
    Are the bengals the best team in the afc north?
    what do you guys think?
    YES, followed by the Browns, then flip a coin for the other two teams... Bc

Apparently some around the NFL media aren't feeling the Bengals are the best in the division either.

Five Prime Time Games We're Aching For

• Steelers at Ravens: Has Baltimore-Pittsburgh become the finest rivalry in football? It's in the mix. The Ravens shed ghosts in 2011, ripping the Steelers 35-7 at home in Week 1 before taking a close one at Heinz Field in Week 9. Detractors point to aging players on both rosters, but until someone else steps up in the AFC North, this twice-a-season grudge bout will decide the division.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

When I see a guy pimping what appears to be a blog entry without identifying the author, I just assume he's the author & gets paid for clicks. And that the blog entry will be the type of thing you could only get people to read that way. So I don't have to reward him with a click.

Maybe that's cynical of me, but I remain suspicious. If some newbie came along and said "Hey, I think [insert unsupported random opinion], here's a link to my blog," maybe nobody would click it, but at least you have your dignity. Make it good and own it, with a tip of the cap to emdiggy, who does it right. He owns it, and his links have a track record of being worth clicking.

/2cents
    Last edited by festivus; 04-17-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    People where saying this after 2005, and 2009 too, and look what happened in both cases. Honestly I can't see the Bunguls being any better than 8-8 in 2012, pretty much because of the schdule, and the fact that the Texans supplied all the good teams with the tape. The Steelers will battle it out with the Ravens as always, but I do think the Bengals have something good to build on. Sadly I can see them giving up a bunch of players they are developing anyway, because Mike Brown is cheap.
    Very true, and I'll still stand by my guess that Cinnci will be in 2nd this year, or tied with Pitt for 2nd with a tiebreaker going in their favor. I could see both going 9-7 or 10-6 while we hit 11 or 12. Pitt just doesn't worry me anymore. Polamalu has slowed greatly and isn't the same, the outlet Ward is gone, Ben is constantly hobbled by all those hits finally taking their toll and they have the second oldest LB core in the NFL. Garbage corners and a OL that can stay a full season together. IMO they are or should be in full blown rebuild mode, which they've started by releasing alot of older guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    This seems like a fun game, let me try.

Are dogs the world's smartest animal?

Will the Orioles win 100 games this season?

Is getting your high school sweet heart's name tattooed onto your face a sound decision?

Man, coming up with questions that can all be answered with the phrase "Are you fucking stupid?" is fun!
    Post of the thread. This should end the debate.

No but they ARE a good team