Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some love for John Harbaugh

www.NFL.com has ranked the NFL's 32 head coaches. They have John Harbaugh ranked at #5 - behind Belichek, Coughlin, McCarthy and Tomlin. The Ravens have a great head coach and its good to see it recognized at a National level.

Blog Entries

Re: Some love for John Harbaugh

Both Reid and Wisenhunt are way too high.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear, although not sure who made the list. slightly OT - I hate it when they want me to click over and over. I refuse to do it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Sounds reasonable placing for what he's accomplished with this team so far. No one really expected anything when he took this team over, only being a ST coach working with a rookie QB.

I'm not the biggest fans of Elliot Harrison, he likes to suck up to the high market teams a bit too much usually.

Probably was some typo error, they met to say Jim nstead of John. Happens a lot with some announcers. Jim has made a name for himself after coaching up the 49ers last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Probably was some typo error, they met to say Jim nstead of John. Happens a lot with some announcers. Jim has made a name for himself after coaching up the 49ers last year.
    Are you trolling?

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Are you trolling?
    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    :grbac:
    I gotta admit I was thinking the same thing. Harbaugh doesn't get much credit from the media for our success. When they talk about the Ravens success over the last 4 years, I don't think I have ever heard them say "John Harbaugh has done a great job coaching that team". It's like Flacco not getting the credit he deserves because of Rice and the defense. John doesn't get the credit he deserves because of Ozzie and Biscotti. Unlike Flacco, Harbs doesn't seem to care though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I gotta admit I was thinking the same thing. Harbaugh doesn't get much credit from the media for our success. When they talk about the Ravens success over the last 4 years, I don't think I have ever heard them say "John Harbaugh has done a great job coaching that team". It's like Flacco not getting the credit he deserves because of Rice and the defense. John doesn't get the credit he deserves because of Ozzie and Biscotti. Unlike Flacco, Harbs doesn't seem to care though.
    I actually think Harbaugh is underrated by Ravens fans. Flacco most of the time certainly isn't. But IDK man... I never really hear Ravens fans hyping up Harbaugh all that often, or it could just be me. I think a lot of people dislike his personalty and how he comes across in the media, when it's probably the right way to be anyway.

Unlike Flacco, Harbs doesn't seem to care though.
    To paraphrase John Wooden, it's amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit.

John is a very good coach. He does have a lot of good player on his team. The players have a lot of respect for him and play hard for him. He needs to work on managing the game better. When to use those time outs better. I like him as a person and coach but if he could just get a little better at managing the game he should be rated as a top coach.

Glad to read that I'm not alone when it comes to the media doing what they do best. Hell, in post season this year, one media article said John should take notes on how to run a defense like the one Jim had. WTF, Jim runs the defense? Not a troll. just posting what I think. Just like the rest of you.I met John one day at a jobsite and thanked him for the excitement he has created in Baltimore for the winning ways the Ravens have had since he arrived. This was before the first game, also told him fieldgoals don't beat the steelers and he needed to score touchdowns. Didn't see the game, had to work. Listened to it on the radio and all I could say was WOW. the Ravens kicked their asses.