Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. 7 Round Mock Draft (Ravens Only)

I had the pleasure of taking over the Ravens in a mock draft for a forum I post on. Anyways here's how the draft turned out for the Ravens and I thought it would be a great draft for you guys.

1 (29) - Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    I felt like Konz could start instantly at left guard beside Matt Birk and learn from one of the best before he officially takes over at center in 2013. This seems like a logical pick as the wide receivers and pass rushers weren't of much value at this point here.

2 (60) - Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State
    I had initially tried to trade up for Mohammed Sanu who fell to #53 overall but I couldn't get a deal done. Shea McClellin was selected right before me who I was also hoping for. I settled on the best player available in Silatolu, who is a raw prospect with a high ceiling. I figure you could see Konz at C and Silatolu at LG in 2013.

3 (91) - Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
    I was extremely happy to see someone like Givens fall this late into the third round. I had targeted Marvin McNutt for this pick but he went in early round three but Givens really dropped. Not a huge issue because Givens is a great player and would fit in well in Baltimore.

4 (130) - Cam Johnson, OLB, Virginia
    I was surprised to see Johnson fall as I expected him to be a late third round pick or possibly early forth round pick. Johnson would be a good addition the Baltimore's 3-4 linebackers and he would likely push Paul Kruger for playing time in 2012.

5 (164) - Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State
    Devon Wylie is a receiver I am a big fan of. He is small in stature but he is extremely quick and would excel in the slot. I would say he is Davone Bess v2.0.

5 (169) - Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State
    With Ricky Williams retiring, I wanted to draft a running back for the Ravens that could give Ray Rice a couple plays off. I think Ballard is a good change of pace to Ray Rice.

6 (198) - Jerry Franklin, ILB, Arkansas
    Jerry Franklin isn't an instant starter but more of a guy you could groom to eventually take over at ILB. Franklin is a very good prospect who seems to be going under the radar.

7 (236) - Christian Thompson, S, South Carolina State
    I felt like Christian Thompson should have went higher than this but I suppose it's good value. Ed Reed isn't getting any younger and he seems to contemplate retirement each offseason (though he shouldn't) so it wouldn't hurt to draft someone to groom for the future.

Blog Entries

Re: 7 Round Mock Draft (Ravens Only)

Trades aside, I'm sticking with my (late February) picks :
    (1) Hightower (LB)
    (2) Brewster (C)
    (3) Toon (WR) ... Bc

this will never happen, we currently have 4 guys on the dline, we need at least 2 picks on the dline. We need a LT behind McKinnie,

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Trades aside, I'm sticking with my (late February) picks :
    (1) Hightower (LB)
    (2) Brewster (C)
    (3) Toon (WR) ... Bc
    id be very very very very shocked to see brewter go in the second

Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    I had the pleasure of taking over the Ravens in a mock draft for a forum I post on. Anyways here's how the draft turned out for the Ravens and I thought it would be a great draft for you guys.

1 (29) - Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    I felt like Konz could start instantly at left guard beside Matt Birk and learn from one of the best before he officially takes over at center in 2013. This seems like a logical pick as the wide receivers and pass rushers weren't of much value at this point here.

2 (60) - Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State
    I had initially tried to trade up for Mohammed Sanu who fell to #53 overall but I couldn't get a deal done. Shea McClellin was selected right before me who I was also hoping for. I settled on the best player available in Silatolu, who is a raw prospect with a high ceiling. I figure you could see Konz at C and Silatolu at LG in 2013.

3 (91) - Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
    I was extremely happy to see someone like Givens fall this late into the third round. I had targeted Marvin McNutt for this pick but he went in early round three but Givens really dropped. Not a huge issue because Givens is a great player and would fit in well in Baltimore.

4 (130) - Cam Johnson, OLB, Virginia
    I was surprised to see Johnson fall as I expected him to be a late third round pick or possibly early forth round pick. Johnson would be a good addition the Baltimore's 3-4 linebackers and he would likely push Paul Kruger for playing time in 2012.

5 (164) - Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State
    Devon Wylie is a receiver I am a big fan of. He is small in stature but he is extremely quick and would excel in the slot. I would say he is Davone Bess v2.0.

5 (169) - Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State
    With Ricky Williams retiring, I wanted to draft a running back for the Ravens that could give Ray Rice a couple plays off. I think Ballard is a good change of pace to Ray Rice.

6 (198) - Jerry Franklin, ILB, Arkansas
    Jerry Franklin isn't an instant starter but more of a guy you could groom to eventually take over at ILB. Franklin is a very good prospect who seems to be going under the radar.

7 (236) - Christian Thompson, S, South Carolina State
    I felt like Christian Thompson should have went higher than this but I suppose it's good value. Ed Reed isn't getting any younger and he seems to contemplate retirement each offseason (though he shouldn't) so it wouldn't hurt to draft someone to groom for the future.
    I'd be pretty happy with that draft.

Blog Entries

Your early round picks are good, however I doubt if we draft Konz we will go for another interior lineman in the second. I expect either an OLB/DE or WR to be taken in the 3rd, then either of those positions left in the 3rd. I wouldn't rule out trading back for an extra 3rd either which could be on a safety, Dline player, or a RB.

I'd be annoyed if we drafted Konz.

I feel we have holes, and needs that could have a bigger impact on this season. I still feel Jah Ried is a good replacement on the line.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    id be very very very very shocked to see brewter go in the second
    arnie you're probably right. I did make those picks two months ago. Keep in mind that in 2011 I predicted Jimmy Smith (1st) and T. Smith (2nd) way before the draft... Bc

9. Re: 7 Round Mock Draft (Ravens Only)

Maybe I'm naive but I see

1) Courtney Upshaw
    2) OL
    3) WR

10. Re: 7 Round Mock Draft (Ravens Only)

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    this will never happen, we currently have 4 guys on the dline, we need at least 2 picks on the dline. We need a LT behind McKinnie,
    Seems to you are expecting to fill out your roster with the draft not build your roster.

11. Re: 7 Round Mock Draft (Ravens Only)

Just so you guys are aware how the first round went down... I'll post it below. Any 3-4 OLBs or ILBs worth selecting was already off the board by pick #29. Courtney Upshaw went at #14, Nick Perry went at #18, Andre Branch went at #20, Dont'a Hightower went at #24. The WRs weren't worth selecting at this point and the next best selection as far as value goes would be Fletcher Cox.

Anyway, I suppose I won't be able to please everyone but I figured it would be something to read. Below is the full first round:

1. Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    2. Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
    3. Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    4. Browns - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    5. Bucs - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    6. Bills - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    7. Jaguars - Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
    8. Dolphins - Melvin Ingram, LB, South Carolina
    9. Panthers - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
    10. Rams - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    11. Chiefs - Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
    12. Seahawks - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
    13. Cardinals - David Decastro, OG, Stanford
    14. Cowboys - Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
    15. Eagles - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    16. Jets - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
    17. Bengals - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
    18. Chargers - Nick Perry, LB, USC
    19. Bears - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
    20. Titans - Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
    21. Broncos - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
    22. Browns - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    23. Lions - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    24. Steelers - Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
    25. Bengals - Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
    26. Texans - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
    27. Patriots - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
    28. Packers - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
    29. Ravens - Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    30. 49ers - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
    31. Cowboys - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
    32. Giants - Reuben Randle, WR, LSU

Idk, if the draft board plays out that way, I would like to think we would trade back for sure. I hope we dont spend a first round pick on a center who isn't exactly an "elite prospect". Honestly if we were doing BPA I could see us taking Fletcher Cox even though we don't need a starter, simply because he is considered by some to be the top DT in the draft (on tape not combine performance).