Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Truth Shall Set You Free

If they can, this team could steamroller through the season. If they don't we may be witnessing the end of Billick's coaching tenure with the Ravens, the end of Fassel's shot at HC, the end of any glow on McNair's career and the possible retirement of "hope" in this franchise for the near future.
    Scary thoughts, but I have to agree that those are all possbilities. Then again: our guys could turn around and stomp the Donks and Panthers the next two weeks to get to 5-1, and all the above would be forgotten!

So here's the test a very beatable team that plays right into our strengths. The Ravens have been built to stop the run and give young QBs fits. Question is, can they finally beat a quality team when it matters and make good use of home field advantage. If they can, this team could steamroller through the season. If they don't we may be witnessing the end of Billick's coaching tenure with the Ravens, the end of Fassel's shot at HC, the end of any glow on McNair's career and the possible retirement of "hope" in this franchise for the near future.
    That gave me chills. Quite true.

I'm so glad this is one of the two games this season I got tickets for. If we win, it will be an amazing experience to be there for it. But if we lose, the drive home to No.Va. will be even longer and more sullen ...

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Forget all of the discussion over the past few weeks about the quality of our opponents and whether we look better than we are because of our schedule.

We'll find out the truth on how good we are soon enough.

The Chargers have looked great, have a very solid offensive and defense. We are 2 point underdogs AT HOME.

The next 5 games against San Diego, Denver, Carolina, New Orleans, and Cincinnati will all be extremely challenging.

A 3-2 record or better would be phenomenal. 2-3 or worse will bring up major questions

Beating San Diego this week would be a great way to start . . .
    I'll take 5-3! I think we beat Tenn, Atl, and Pitt which would make us 8-3.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Scary thoughts, but I have to agree that those are all possbilities. Then again: our guys could turn around and stomp the Donks and Panthers the next two weeks to get to 5-1, and all the above would be forgotten!

Great post. I'm so sick of people putting so much emphasis on one game. I remember in 2000 when Jax put 29 points up "exposing" our defense. A month later we went there and shut their asses out! It's just one game! How do we know if the Ravens lose that they just didn't have an off day? Or if we beat SD that they didn't play their best? Talk to me in Dec we'll know how good we are then.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.