Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Interest in Eric Winston

Ravens are interested in recently released RT Eric Winston, according to Aaron Wilson via Twitter.

The Ravens are interested in free agent offensive tackle Eric Winston, according to a league source
    He would be a welcoming addition, considering he's considered by many the best RT in the league. Very cool dude according to a few interviews I've seen of him too. I think I'd much rather have him than Grubbs.

It would leave us with 3 starting tackles, but that's a problem I would fix after he was signed.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Re: Interest in Eric Winston

Eric Winston provides an instant upgrade at RT. If you think that Yanda and Oher mashed guys together, you haven't seen anything yet. Michael Oher is entering the last year of his contract, if I am not mistaken. Even if he has another year, he will have competition at RT from Jah Reid, who was drafted as the 'prototypical' RT.

At the same time, part of why Oher has not looked best at times could be, because they've moved him around too much. He could take a good step forward, being able to focus on RT this off-season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Ravens are interested in recently released RT Eric Winston, according to Aaron Wilson via Twitter.

He would be a welcoming addition, considering he's considered by many the best RT in the league. Very cool dude according to a few interviews I've seen of him too. I think I'd much rather have him than Grubbs.

It would leave us with 3 starting tackles, but that's a problem I would fix after he was signed.
    Hes not Great but he is solid. Just as good as Oher if not better IMO, and hes still fairly young 28-29 i believe? Would this move means Oher moves to LG?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    Hes not Great but he is solid. Just as good as Oher if not better IMO, and hes still fairly young 28-29 i believe? Would this move means Oher moves to LG?
    Probably would have to be a trade or the release of McKinnie and Oher back to LT.

I do think he is a pretty decent upgrade over Oher though. Only concern is how he would do outside of a pure zone blocking scheme.

Blog Entries

Winston would be a pretty significant upgrade over Oher at RT.

Not sure why the Ravens would want 3 right tackles on their squad though unless they were planning on Jah Reid or Oher going to LG, which I guess is possible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Probably would have to be a trade or the release of McKinnie and Oher back to LT.

I do think he is a pretty decent upgrade over Oher though. Only concern is how he would do outside of a pure zone blocking scheme.
    If Grubbs is indeed re-signed and Eric Winston is signed then it could very well mean the end for Oher in a Ravens uniform.

If we do Resign Grubbs and Sign Winston who do people want at LT next year Mckinnie or Oher?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If Grubbs is indeed re-signed and Eric Winston is signed then it could very well mean the end for Oher in a Ravens uniform.
    I can't imagine they'd sign both. They both would get at least 6-7 mil per, possibly higher. That's a lot tied up in the line with Yanda as well. Although our line would be rock solid.

Blog Entries

If we do Resign Grubbs and Sign Winston who do people want at LT next year Mckinnie or Oher?
    McKinnie without a doubt. He's not great, but at least he's built well enough that he can kind of make up for him being a half-assed blocker from time to time. I love Oher and his tenacity, but he's just not a good pass blocker.

Then I guess you have to weigh the cap obligations and I think McKinnie is making something like 4.2 mill this year or something and I don't believe Oher's deal is that much for this coming year, so maybe they would move Oher back over to LT and draft another guy to eventually compete and replace Oher at LT.

Blog Entries

I can't imagine they'd sign both. They both would get at least 6-7 mil per, possibly higher. That's a lot tied up in the line with Yanda as well. Although our line would be rock solid.
    I wouldn't say rock solid, haha, but yea it would be tremendously better. Especially if they draft Konz or someone like that.

The OL is the most important part of the offense after the QB. That's not just my opinion either. One of the biggest reasons why Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are what they are is because of their great OL's giving them time and space.

I'd trade Oher for a pick and stick with McKinnie for another season. If Grubbs stays, it be nice to have some continuity in chemistry carry over into next year with most of the line as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    McKinnie without a doubt. He's not great, but at least he's built well enough that he can kind of make up for him being a half-assed blocker from time to time. I love Oher and his tenacity, but he's just not a good pass blocker.

Then I guess you have to weigh the cap obligations and I think McKinnie is making something like 4.2 mill this year or something and I don't believe Oher's deal is that much for this coming year, so maybe they would move Oher back over to LT and draft another guy to eventually compete and replace Oher at LT.
    i think its a real tough decision. You have to weigh in Age and money among other things. Oher has two years left on his deal. I dont think Mckinnie is horrible either but Oher obviously has more upside at LT but might also have more Downside as well if he dosnt improve