Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Americanmade2012 Guest

If Denver Signs Manning tebow could be gone

This is only half of the article

As with any NFL news -- be it free agency, the draft, various bounties, or anything else, the focus will eventually come around to one thing: How does Tim Tebow factor into this? And so it has become with Peyton Manning's journey through an NFL in which he doesn't have a team for the first time since early 1998. Manning spent a good deal of Friday and Saturday in the company of the Denver Broncos, who reportedly impressed the future Hall-of-Famer with their plans for the present and future. Manning then flew to Arizona, where he's currently hanging out with the Cardinals, who would very much like to forget last year's Kevin Kolb mistake.

That said, if Manning decides that the Broncos are his future team, what on earth happens to Tim Tebow? Nicole Darin, a sports anchor at WTSP-TV in Tampa, Florida, recently reported that Tebow was so "rattled" by Manning's visit with John Elway and the rest of the Broncos' brass, he decided not to speak with the media during any of the public appearances he's making in Florida over the weekend to benefit wounded veterans. Per Pro Football Talk, Darin took down her original tweet saying as much when Tebowmaniacs descended upon her by way of the interwebs.

For full article read

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...171902080.html

Re: If Denver Signs Manning tebow could be gone

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    That said, if Manning decides that the Broncos are his future team, what on earth happens to Tim Tebow?
    The article states the obvious, if Manning signs then a move to Jacksonville seems the obvious move

New owner, looking to build up his franchise and sell more seats so those godawful tarps can come off

Gabbert and Tebow battling for starter position isn't exactly two stars who will lead their team to glory
    But Gabbert is one of the worst starters in the league, fair enough he was a rookie so important not to be too harsh, just seems a likely move for the Jags to trade for Tebow.

I'm just being Mr Obvious here, nothing new here at all

Blog Entries

Boy this whole Manning debacle is really jacking a lot of things up.

Tebow - while not the greatest QB - was integral in taking a losing season into the playoffs and beating the Steelers.

If Tebow goes to Jacksonville and beats out Gabbertt, well then there is another 1st round QB that will likely be cut or asked for a trade and given what he did last year...who would trade for him?

I think Tebow really should start considering whether or not he could be successful at another position like a tight end or something. He's got the size, speed, and moves to play TE.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

After last season Tebow is never moving to another position. He sells too many jerseys as a QB and that's the only reason why any team would trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    As with any NFL news -- be it free agency, the draft, various bounties, or anything else, the focus will eventually come around to one thing: How does Tim Tebow factor into this?

Well said, sir.

Blog Entries

With as many fans as Tebow gets in their seats, AND with how much they gave up to get him there isn't a chance in hell they sign Manning. He's going to Arizona. Period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    With as many fans as Tebow gets in their seats, AND with how much they gave up to get him there isn't a chance in hell they sign Manning. He's going to Arizona. Period.
    Not if John Elway has anything to say about it.

Trust me, Peyton would sell a lot of merch and seats too.

Blog Entries

Tbh are we even sure Jacksonville or any team would consider TRADING for Tebow lol? I would probably go ahead and sign him if he was cut, but trading is another level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Tbh are we even sure Jacksonville or any team would consider TRADING for Tebow lol? I would probably go ahead and sign him if he was cut, but trading is another level.
    Well the new owner of the Jags said he would have drafted Tebow way back when.

Blog Entries

John Elway is playing with fire....
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

11. Re: If Denver Signs Manning tebow could be gone

I think Manning will go to Miami. Good players with potential and great weather. Gets humid but going from a dome to Miami is much easier than from a dome to Mile High.

The linkages with this potential move are amazing:
    1) Then Baltimore Colts draft QB John Elway
    2) Elway demands to be traded ending up eventually with Denver
    3) Elway has a very good (excellent) career at Denver
    4) Elway becomes the GM or whatever at Denver
    5) Elway courts the longtime QB of the Baltimore (oops Indianapolis) Colts
    6) Manning goes to Denver and supplants Tim Tebow…..
    7) ….who was drafted with the pick after the Ravens traded down with the Broncos in 2010

Geesh.....it's a very small world