Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Re: Jason Brown

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    apparently we made him a one year offer

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfor...87753335054336
    Love the use of the word conservative. That's not exactly beating down the door. Based on the teams interested he would be at least second on the depth chart for all teams involved.

i dont understand it though? birk is the stop gap, why bring in another one, which he clearly would be on a 1 yr deal. we have birk, we now need to go young at center behind him. i would have understood it prior to signing birk, but this is kind of silly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's very interesting, I think it would certainly mean we could afford not to draft a center if he accepts it (which I doubt he'll accept anyway).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    i dont understand it though? birk is the stop gap, why bring in another one, which he clearly would be on a 1 yr deal. we have birk, we now need to go young at center behind him. i would have understood it prior to signing birk, but this is kind of silly now.
    The Birk signing makes little sense to me too, would have been better to sign Andre Gurode back tbh. I think they maybe would bring him in to compete for the LG spot, and if he impresses, takes over from Birk down the line at center, assuming we draft a guard this year. Don't forget that Jason Brown is only like 27.

Still it doesn't make much sense to me.

Blog Entries

It's because Jason Brown would play LG. Brown came into the league as a G, before moving to C for the last few years of his rookie contract (It was either the last or last two). That is what caused the issue with him in FA. The Ravens wanted him to continue to play C, but he wanted G money, because he'd spent time there for them. Ozzie wouldn't give him G money and St. Louis gave him G money to play C.

He was good at both for the Ravens.

Brown would likely play LG.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Now, I've heard reports that Gurode is WAY done as an NFL player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Now, I've heard reports that Gurode is WAY done as an NFL player.
    Sources?

If it's true, then hats off to a player who had a great career as the Dallas Cowboys center, he provided decent depth when he came to us but was obviously not a left guard. Arguably could have been our starting center over Birk towards the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sources?

If it's true, then hats off to a player who had a great career as the Dallas Cowboys center, he provided decent depth when he came to us but was obviously not a left guard. Arguably could have been our starting center over Birk towards the end of the season.
    I want to say it was Aaron Wilson on the radio. If I can find anything in writing I'll link it. He was pretty poor at guard. I can't say if he'd be better at center. A lot of the issue was that between he and McKinney, neither knew the offense.

Blog Entries

sounds like they thew him a bone to see if he would take it. Maybe he's tired of losing and wants to rejoin a winning organization. If he's all about the money, they'll find that out too.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Also, notice that most of the teams interested in Brown already have a C.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Gurode was beat out by a 2nd year undrafted free agent.

That doesn't bode well for his chances...and it all goes back to how he and Levoir were so awful at LG that it made Grubbs look like an all-pro when he came back. Both those guys likely will get vet min deals at best for depth and there is a strong possibility that they are both out of the league.

iggyman555 Guest

Former Raven Jason Brown. Brown started all 16 games at guard in the 2007 season in Baltimore after spending 2005 and 2006 as a backup to starter Mike Flynn ...

Blog Entries

I think this is a smart move. He's still young and can play center and guard. He's familiar with the offense too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.