Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about Carr

Can Carr play safety? He could be a backup at both corner and free safety that way and save a roster spot on defense. Seem to remember reading somewhere that he could play there also. He would be worth more this way and maybe not on the chopping block like alot seem to think.

Re: Question about Carr

Quote Originally Posted by HHIRaven View Post
    Can Carr play safety? He could be a backup at both corner and free safety that way and save a roster spot on defense. Seem to remember reading somewhere that he could play there also. He would be worth more this way and maybe not on the chopping block like alot seem to think.
    I think the logic behind him being out the door lies in his desire to start: he'd be buried no matter where he lines up in the secondary. They'll cut him loose, save some money, and give him a chance to find a starting gig elsewhere.

I like it. Carr has good instincts ..... might be a fit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I think the logic behind him being out the door lies in his desire to start: he'd be buried no matter where he lines up in the secondary. They'll cut him loose, save some money, and give him a chance to find a starting gig elsewhere.
    This is what it really boils down to. Last year, Carr was not offered a starting opportunity. So, he decided to stay in Baltimore where he would, at least, win games. Last year, he chose between teams offering him nickel positions. This year, he might take that nickel position and run with it, let alone a starting position.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

i was thinking about this as well. Carr is a smart player who is fast. we don;t need him at CB beacuse of our depth and his lack of height. However, i'm not a big proponent of Zibby or Nakamura. I would wonder if Carr would be a better safety then those two. If Reed plays in 2013 i woudld think that would be his last year.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have Zibby or Naku, whomever would be cheaper. Unfortunatly I think both will get starting gig's elsewhere, same with Carr(or at least a nickle shot) and all will prob be too expensive to invest in a backup. Bottom line is Carr is getting paid WAY too much for where he is on the depth chart, and really too much as a backup safety. Now if we were still using him to field punts and kickoffs that would be one thing. but he's even been releaved of that. he's gone, period.

Blog Entries

I think the team will keep him around and try to trade him on draft day if possible and if they cant get anything for him then he will be a june 1st release

Blog Entries

180lbs is awful light to be a FS.

Coverage wise, I think he could probably get the job done, but I wouldn't want him back there for more than a game or two. He's a liability in run support.

I realize that you can't have too many good corners, but I don't 100% believe that Carr will be a Raven in 2012.

Webb, Cary, Jimmy, and Gorrer will be the top 4 and then you have Chykie Brown as the 5th and they can pick up a UDFA corner or someone like Justin Tryon or Antwaun Molden.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If he is here next year, put him on punt returns. I'm not militant about starters refraining from playing on Special Teams like some people. Hell, I think some of the most memorable ST plays were by young starters. I just don't think having our best corner getting worn out and or jacked up on punt returns is a great idea at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Coverage wise, I think he could probably get the job done, but I wouldn't want him back there for more than a game or two. He's a liability in run support.

I realize that you can't have too many good corners, but I don't 100% believe that Carr will be a Raven in 2012.

Webb, Cary, Jimmy, and Gorrer will be the top 4 and then you have Chykie Brown as the 5th and they can pick up a UDFA corner or someone like Justin Tryon or Antwaun Molden.
    Keep in mind he is a solid ST'er and can play the nickel. I don't think they cut Carr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Keep in mind he is a solid ST'er and can play the nickel. I don't think they cut Carr.
    Yes, but on nickel situations Webb can always slide down and Jimmy can play outside.

I see your point, but I just think he's expensive for a #4/#5 corner and he wants the opportunity to start somewhere, so he may ask to be released or traded anyway.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    [His desire to start] is what it really boils down to. Last year, Carr was not offered a starting opportunity. So, he decided to stay in Baltimore where he would, at least, win games.
    I think that will be what drives his side of the decision again: winning v, starting. From the Ravens' side, they'll want a restructured contract that better reflects his role.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo

Coverage wise, I think he could probably get the job done... He's a liability in run support.
    I love the guy, but the same can be said of Ed Reed at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Section503Raven
    Carr is a smart player who is fast. We don;t need him at CB because of our depth and his lack of height.
    Smart, fast, and a pretty good locker room/community guy (i.e. minimal overt grumbling about his evolved role). Had a fairly gimpy 2011, though (IIRC, both lower back and hammies). No longer a fresh-faced kid, thus something to consider going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew
    If he is here next year, put him on punt returns.
    PR/KR has always been his ace in the hole on this roster. Not spectacular: too much E/W vs, N/S, but mostly good FC/touchback decisions and limited fumblitis ( pls, see David Reed).
    It'll come down to if he gets offers at possible starting work on a contender/near-contender (don't know if Pagano's Indy would qualify on either variable) and/or if he is willing to be a #4 CB (assuming we retain Cary W.} and an ST stalwart (2011 was a lesson in the need for continuity & experience on ST) at a reduced salary.