Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    My question is, how do you know this? Because the Orioles said so? Even if Angelos is "shopping" the team around, he can always just claim that he isnt.
    I remember another Baltimore team owner who wasn't shopping his team around...

EB stands by his scoop ....

http://washington.cbslocal.com/audio...orts-junkies/#

Segment 11

He makes a great point. Why are folks going to the Orioles for a comment? As some posters have pointed out, nothing but spin is going to come from them. The people that need to be questioned are the potential suitors.

I would be shocked....shocked if there was someone to make an offer that would satisfy the current owner's level of greed

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

This is just too good to be true and King Pete would never give us such a gift.

Blog Entries

That's what I always thought but I thought I heard that Petey is retiring from his law office.

He's in his 80s with a full case load.

If true, maybe he will unload the team for $1B after paying $173M for it, but I always thought his sons would get it and they are even worse than the old man.

Another Bob/Jimmy Irsay bad dream.

But people that know him like him. I know
    a guy who supervised the concessions at the park plus the catering in the warehouse and he was in charge of Petey's sky box ensuring he got everything he wanted.

He said Petey always tipped him $100. I said how much does all that food cost for a typical game and
    he said anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000
    depending on the guests or clients there.

Another pal is an atty in the firm and has
    been there over 25 years and liked him.

My nephew sat in HOpkins sky box once and said the ice cream, crab cakes, and lobster kept coming the entire game.

Petey donated the largest sum of money ever to the U of Baltimore @$5M and kept city pools open one summer giving $300,000. My lawyer only gave $1M to
    the Uof B-lol.

Some interesting facts about Petey from
    WIKI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Angelos
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-17-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When Peter Angelos first became the Owner of the Baltimore Orioles, he spent plenty of money trying to field a quality team. During the mid-late nineties, it was the Yankees and Orioles, not Yankees and Red Sox, that were spending the big money, sort of speak. I get the sense that Angelos, being a relatively new baseball owner, felt that he had to field such a team to make money.

Eventually, Angelos found a way to make money without spending close to 200 million on player payroll. That something was MASN. Any prospective owner will insist on MASN and the day Angelos gives it up is the day that we should really be concerned with his health.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    If Bisciotti buys the O's, I will immediately go out and spend a grand on tickets just to make a statment.
    Oh, I'm all over that if Bisciotti becomes the owner. :happyanim
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That's what I always thought but I thought I heard that Petey is retiring from his law office.

He's in his 80s with a full case load.

If true, maybe he will unload the team for $1B after paying $173M for it, but I always thought his sons would get it and they are even worse than the old man.

Another Bob/Jimmy Irsay bad dream.

But people that know him like him. I know
    a guy who supervised the concessions at the park plus the catering in the warehouse and he was in charge of Petey's sky box ensuring he got everything he wanted.

He said Petey always tipped him $100. I said how much does all that food cost for a typical game and
    he said anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000
    depending on the guests or clients there.

Another pal is an atty in the firm and has
    been there over 25 years and liked him.

My nephew sat in HOpkins sky box once and said the ice cream, crab cakes, and lobster kept coming the entire game.

Petey donated the largest sum of money ever to the U of Baltimore @$5M and kept city pools open one summer giving $300,000. My lawyer only gave $1M to
    the Uof B-lol.

Some interesting facts about Petey from
    WIKI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Angelos

Why do you think that his sons are worse than he is? What have they even done so far?