Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Please let this be true! Get that fucknut Angeloser outta here.
    No No No, you are sadly mistaken my friend. Mr. Angelos is a very kind and wise, wise man. And we should say so over and over and over again until such time as he wisely and kindly sells the team to Mr. Bisciotti. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    #1 EB is a clueless assclown
    Who has accurately broke stories that the Terps were going to hire Edsall and Turgeon before it was in the media. He also broke the story that McNabb refused to wear a wrist band during games, in spite of Shanahan's instructions to do so.

You may not like his style (and I don't as well) but he is on point given the circle of people he runs with.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    #2 There is NO WAY anybody ever buys the O's without MASN being included. MASN is a license to print money that increases the O's value from 300 mil to 7 or 800 mil. Without it you are buying a small market team that pales in revenue to Nats. With it you can afford a 150 mil payroll despite the brainwashing from Angelos and his media cronies.
    Agreed and that was the whole point of the story being told. If you listen to it, they say up front that it's the MASN issue that's holding up the deal.

The crux of the story is accurate -- Angelos is hearing offers quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Just heard on the radio during the Bob and Rob show that the Orioles put out a statement denying all this.
    *chuckle*

I'd be skeptical of a denial like this coming from a *reputable* sports team FO, and I sure as heck wouldn't believe it coming out of that snake oil salesman's shop.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Apparently the team sent out an email denying the report.

Anyone have a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Apparently the team sent out an email denying the report.

Anyone have a copy?
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Angelos
    Dear fan,
    It has come to my attention that certain people are circulating a rumor that I am exploring the possibility of selling the Baltimore Orioles.

That rumor is just not true. In my years of owning the Baltimore Orioles I have had tremendous satisfaction watching the organization grow into the proud franchise it is now. It is with great pleasure I look forward to our continued success as a franchise.

During the eighteen home games we have every year at Camden Yards we are proud to support the Baltimore economy by making sure the hotels and restaurants are crowded with people excited to come watch baseball. I can hear them cheering from my office, and it makes me proud.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

&c. &c.
    Is that the same one everyone else got?

edit: WARNING: WHAT YOU JUST READ IS NOT REAL. IT'S A JOKE, WHICH I AM NOT DELETING SO THE FOLLOWING POSTS MAKE SENSE.
    Last edited by festivus; 02-15-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: le sigh
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I do.

That's one of the most delusional things I've ever read.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.869122,-117.227809

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    That's one of the most delusional things I've ever read.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.869122,-117.227809
    Yeah, don't go attributing it to Peter Angelos, though. Or to me. ;)
    Festivus

Is that seriously real. If it is it's insulting. Don't feed us crap about "watching the organization grow into the proud franchise it is now" and "I look forward to our continued success as a franchise."

There is no pride. There is no success. There is only failure and apathy on the part of the Orioles. Screw Angelos.

Blog Entries

I do.

by 18 home gamesis he just counting the 9 games vs the Yankees and 9 vs Red Sox?

It was a joke, guys. A joke. Get it? 18 home games, filling hotels? Get it?

*sigh*

:grbac:
    Festivus

Wait. You actually got that?

I'm stunned. That has to be some $5.00/hr lacky. No way that came from the boss. Or did it?

It was a joke, guys. A joke. Get it? 18 home games, filling hotels? Get it?

*sigh*

:grbac:
    Yea I saw the 18 but thought maybe it was a permuted 81 and just a typo. Hence why I caveated my response with "Is that seriously real. If it is..."