Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flacco contract talks begin next week

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
    Ravens set to open contract extension talks with Joe Flacco's agent, Joe Linta, at combine next week. Both sides aim for long-term deal

Interesting they've gone for it already.

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco contract talks begin next week

This is the first legitimate 'Franchise QB' that the team has ever had. They have had decent quarterbacks for short term situations (Vinny Testaverde, Steve McNair). However, Joe Flacco represents the first quality long-term Quarterback investment in team history. They will not mess around with this.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Would really love if they got a deal done with Rice too, would save some cap.

Blog Entries

That means that negotiations are either going really well with Rice or really poorly, haha.

They need to get Flacco done and get him extended for another 6-8 years.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

They had better get Rice done. He IS the offense.

I think this means Rice will be franchised which means they wouldnt be able to use the tag on Grubbs to keep him for a year and he'll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That means that negotiations are either going really well with Rice or really poorly, haha. They need to get Flacco done and get him extended for another 6-8 years.
    Lol, good point....in a perfect world you'd like to see those negotiations going well but my gut tells me Rice's reps are looking at the other huge deals and want something comparable or more....how sweet would it be if this wasnt the case and they go Flacco and Rice done before free agency even started!?

Blog Entries

Rice's agents are probably waiting for one of the other RB's to set the market.

Forte, Foster, and Lynch.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    They had better get Rice done. He IS the offense.
    Second contracts with RBs are tricky since you never know how long the RB will last. Rice has been very resilient so far, but with RBs the wheels can fall off quickly. Rice will likely want a longer-term deal, but the Ravens likely won't want to commit to more than 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Rice's agents are probably waiting for one of the other RB's to set the market.

Forte, Foster, and Lynch.
    Unfortunately i think in his agents eyes CJ2K probably already set their market

This is very telling. It's clear they want to get Joe locked up early because the earlier the better. It would be more expensive for the Ravens if Joe were to play even better in a contract year and it's obvious the Ravens want to avoid that.
    I don't think it says anything about negotiations with Ray Rice though. Something tells me they will franchise him and let Grubbs test the market.

Blog Entries

I think this means they are getting closer with Rice. It is not in the Ravens best interest to be negotiating these contracts at the same time.