Americanmade2012 Guest

Top 5 ravens quotes of 2011 season

What are yours?

5. “Sizzle, Ball So Hard University.” – Terrell Suggs.

4. “This division is a Fu Manchu kind of division. It’s not a clean-shaven one for sure. We’ve got a style, and we like it.” – Cam Cameron.

3. “It’s not the critic who counts. It’s the man who is in the arena, whose face is covered with blood, sweat and dust. He will never be with those poor and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” – John Harbaugh, quoting Teddy Roosevelt.

2. “I’m sure if we win [the Super Bowl] I’ll have nothing to do with why we won, according to you guys.” – Joe Flacco.

1. “God can have his soul, but his [butt] belongs to me
    Last edited by Americanmade2012; 02-12-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Top 5 ravens quotes of 2011 season

"You have ****ing got to be kidding me!" - Ravens fans

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Terrell Suggs' quote about Ben Roethlisberger was funny. It was based off of an older quote, but I cannot remember the origin of it. It may go something like, 'You better give your soul to the Lord, because your ass belongs to me'. Terrell Suggs gave a variation of that quote. Does anyone know the origin of that quote, because I have heard it before.

My personal favorite was Joe Flacco's quote, because it expresses my recent feelings about the way he is viewed. The Ravens have had strong rush offenses and strong rush defenses for years. Despite that, they've blown two home playoff games and hadn't won a playoff game, at all, in seven years, before Joe Flacco arrived. Yet, when some view their consistent playoff success, they do not view Flacco as having a major role in that success.

That is, thankfully, beginning to change. Now that people are really beginning to see how much Flacco has been successful in spite of, he is beginning to get the respect that he deserves.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Joe to Torrey in the 49ers game:

Joe looks up at scoreboard: "Did you know you lead the NFL in yards per catch?"
    Torrey: "Not after this game."
    Joe: "No, you do.. cause you have gunslinger fuckin mustached Quarterback."

Man, these quotes make me love Joe Flacco all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Terrell Suggs' quote about Ben Roethlisberger was funny. It was based off of an older quote, but I cannot remember the origin of it. It may go something like, 'You better give your soul to the Lord, because your ass belongs to me'. Terrell Suggs gave a variation of that quote. Does anyone know the origin of that quote, because I have heard it before.
    It was a line from Full Metal Jacket. R Lee Ermery's character said it to Private Pyle.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.497598,-76.655728
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    It was a line from Full Metal Jacket. R Lee Ermery's character said it to Private Pyle.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.497598,-76.655728
    Was it in the novel as well?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

"Hunt! Hunt! Hunt! Hunt!...till you get that skin on the wall!"
    52 on the sideline during the SF game
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    "Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines! God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand? "

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/quotes

It was also used in Shawshank Redemption, when they first meet the warden at the prison.

Warden Samuel Norton: I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    "You have ****ing got to be kidding me!" - Ravens fans
    LOL :word