New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

Re: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Bad idea to post this just before the Superbowl. Bump for those of you who haven't had a chance to see it yet :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
    Bad idea to post this just before the Superbowl. Bump for those of you who haven't had a chance to see it yet :)
    Great looking site overall -- I think we've seen it posted here in past years, always nicely done.

The color scheme comes off pretty dark for me in places -- not sure if its' browser, settings, or what, but it's hard to read around the edges -- and on the Ravens one its' very hard to read.

FWIW, I hope you're wrong about the Steelers pick and right about ours!

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Great looking site overall -- I think we've seen it posted here in past years, always nicely done.

The color scheme comes off pretty dark for me in places -- not sure if its' browser, settings, or what, but it's hard to read around the edges -- and on the Ravens one its' very hard to read.
    Nah, i found it really easy to read and it was visually appealing. Wouldnt mind having konz but would rather see us get burfict. the guys just an animal. say what you want about the personal fouls, that guy is blazing fast for an ILB and i would love to have him after ray retires

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Nah, i found it really easy to read and it was visually appealing. Wouldnt mind having konz but would rather see us get burfict. the guys just an animal. say what you want about the personal fouls, that guy is blazing fast for an ILB and i would love to have him after ray retires
    Vontaze's stock is plummeting and I don't think he goes in the first round, maybe not even the second round.

Blog Entries

Vontaze's stock is plummeting and I don't think he goes in the first round, maybe not even the second round.
    That is true. His only chance is to really overachieve at the Combine.

Let's calm down a little bit and moderate our expectations. The entire draft community gets absolutely breathless over a couple of unverified tweets, only to completely reverse course a few weeks later... over some more tweets.

The Combine hasn't even happened yet. No pro days. All we're hearing is chatter from "scouts" who are getting "insider info" from other players' agents, etc. The whole process needs to be taken with a big grain of salt. Wait for some real evidence before you make snap judgments.

Let's not get crazy. Burfict isn't going to drop into the 3rd round, not with his production and level of talent. I know guys need to say crap like that in order to get their names out there, but people said Jimmy Clausen was a potential #1 overall pick. Mike Mayock had Blaine Gabbert as his #1 QB (Cam Newton #3)! The list goes on and on of "draftniks" making idiotic projections and picks, often biased by their desire to be noticed or to drum up interest in a particular prospect. Usually this comes at the expense of ignoring on-field production.

Man, I'd be stoked if we got Konz. If you ignore position and simply focus on talent and ability, I think he is one of the top 5-6 players in the entire 2012 draft. I doubt Burfict makes it to us in the late 2nd round, but wouldn't be opposed to trading up to get him if we didn't have to sell the farm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Let's calm down a little bit and moderate our expectations. The entire draft community gets absolutely breathless over a couple of unverified tweets, only to completely reverse course a few weeks later... over some more tweets.

The Combine hasn't even happened yet. No pro days. All we're hearing is chatter from "scouts" who are getting "insider info" from other players' agents, etc. The whole process needs to be taken with a big grain of salt. Wait for some real evidence before you make snap judgments.

Let's not get crazy. Burfict isn't going to drop into the 3rd round, not with his production and level of talent. I know guys need to say crap like that in order to get their names out there, but people said Jimmy Clausen was a potential #1 overall pick. Mike Mayock had Blaine Gabbert as his #1 QB (Cam Newton #3)! The list goes on and on of "draftniks" making idiotic projections and picks, often biased by their desire to be noticed or to drum up interest in a particular prospect. Usually this comes at the expense of ignoring on-field production.
    Exactly, I don't know why so many people buy so much into these experts who are right about a lot of things, but often just talk a load of crap that doesn't end up happening in the NFL.