Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Harbs Says Cam as QB Coach Was "Successful"

In what way?

In the way that he was good enough to not not get shit canned so there is zero upside to saying anything negative to the public.

You really, honestly, believe that he doesn't have a laundry list of shit he expects Cam to improve on? Why? Because he had the stones to not tell you about it?

C'mon people, what precisely do you expect? This organization has always been a praise in public, chastise in private, kind of place.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.453447,-76.792946
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: Harbs Says Cam as QB Coach Was "Successful"

Harbaugh is so like Andy Reid when it comes to giving nothing controversial to the media

The student learned well

Blog Entries

It's the way to be, you don't want drama in your team. Just look at how a simple comment by Reed was completely taken out of context, the media are on us like a hawk as it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    In the way that he was good enough to not not get shit canned so there is zero upside to saying anything negative to the public.

You really, honestly, believe that he doesn't have a laundry list of shit he expects Cam to improve on? Why? Because he had the stones to not tell you about it?

C'mon people, what precisely do you expect? This organization has always been a praise in public, chastise in private, kind of place.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.453447,-76.792946
    In that case then say nothing. Saying it was a success only insults the intelligence of the average football fan. You don't typically change something if it is working.

Blog Entries

You just have to be able to read between the lines. As ActualSpamBot mentioned, the Ravens are not going to give you much through the media. You have to read through the actual decisions that are made and when they are made, along with what you actually see on the field.

If the connection between Flacco and Cameron was a true success, they would not have brought in Jim Caldwell. Which tells you what?

It was not a success. Well, why not get rid of Cameron? Okay, well, what is out there? Brad Childress? Systematic differences and not the best reputation amongst players. Hue Jackson? Great x's and o's 'coach', but lacking in character traits. Has a list of at least three teams that weren't sorry to see him go already.

Okay, so we've come to the conclusion that, unless they take a chance on an unknown, there is nothing else out there. Bisciotti does not want to take a chance on an unknown.

Cam is retained.

But, wait a minute, Caldwell returned from Pittsburgh without a contract? Well, the Colts also run a vertical passing system, with more slants and quick ins than Cam's traditional Air Coryell style offense. What has Cam's passing offense been missing? More slants and quick ins, when the deeper routes are taken away.

But, we've already retained Cam. It would look bad to fire him now.

Well, we could make Caldwell the QB coach. That way, he can spend some time with Flacco and we can see how those two work. He has called plays in the past. He can look at the way plays were called in Indy's system, compared to Balt's system, and determine what would be best for Flacco and this offense. Now, we can all, but send a message to Cam that if certain changes are not made he can indeed be replaced and will. Besides, that might happen anyway. I mean, Flacco wants him gone. We're about to pay him a lot of money. Caldwell is just the replacement we need, although I still would have preferred Norv Turner.

Just read between the lines.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

They were a dropped pass away from the SB. If we were Giants fans the board would've melted down when they got swept by Washington and dropped 4 in a row late in the year. The Ravens just need to get over that hump and 'finish'.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

i BELIEVE IN CAM....
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

I would've thought we would all learn by now never to take what Harbs says in public literally.

I'd rather they'd keep their chastising in-house. Better for morale. As said above, you can read between the lines well enough anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    In that case then say nothing. Saying it was a success only insults the intelligence of the average football fan. You don't typically change something if it is working.
    So if a reporter says "What do you think of Cam's performance as Qb Coach this season?" you think the proper response is "No comment."?

To quote the esteemed sports genius Sir Charles Barkley, "That's turrible." Refusing to answer will always, 100% of the time be reported as "Harbaugh refused point blank to show confidence in Coordinator Cam Cameron, prompting reports that there's a rift in the coaching staff... Yadda Yadda Yadda."

This team has always said publicly that everyone associated with the team is great and vital and important to our future. Harbs praised Gaither and Bart Scott and Dwan Landry right out the door. He praised Mattison all the way back to college.

Stop expecting real opinions from press statements. Maybe John has enough faith in our intelligence to know that we don't believe the shit he says to pacify the media.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.453473,-76.792910
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They were a dropped pass away from the SB. If we were Giants fans the board would've melted down when they got swept by Washington and dropped 4 in a row late in the year. The Ravens just need to get over that hump and 'finish'.
    That's the thing. Getting over the hump is the most difficult thing to do in athletics. Everyone has a ceiling in terms of natural ability. Most, through training and coaching operate at a certain level and it takes a special effort, individually and collectively to go from good to great. Very few individuals (Bird, Magic and Jordan come to mind) managed to drive themselves relentlessly in order to become the best. Very few coaches (Parcells, Gibbs, Walsh and JJ) had the ability to poke, prod and cajole the psyches of their teams to get championship play from them. I don't see that from the Raven's coaching staff. They took the Ravens from inconsistent to good. The question is, can they take them from good to great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So if a reporter says "What do you think of Cam's performance as Qb Coach this season?" you think the proper response is "No comment."?

To quote the esteemed sports genius Sir Charles Barkley, "That's turrible." Refusing to answer will always, 100% of the time be reported as "Harbaugh refused point blank to show confidence in Coordinator Cam Cameron, prompting reports that there's a rift in the coaching staff... Yadda Yadda Yadda."

This team has always said publicly that everyone associated with the team is great and vital and important to our future. Harbs praised Gaither and Bart Scott and Dwan Landry right out the door. He praised Mattison all the way back to college.

Stop expecting real opinions from press statements. Maybe John has enough faith in our intelligence to know that we don't believe the shit he says to pacify the media.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.453473,-76.792910
    Since we are expected to read between the lines, how about saying something like, "we need to be better"? This coaching staff has never taken accountability for anything. It's always the players "lack of execution" as the reason why games are lost. Never the lack of in game strategy, failure to make adjustments or handling of player personnel.