Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ozzie: OL, WR, and Pass Rusher are biggest off-season needs...

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...fseason-needs/

The Ravens already have a Pro Bowl pass rusher in outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, but Newsome emphasized that “you don’t ever have enough pass rushers.”

The Ravens wide receiver corps showed some bright spots this season, but the group wasn’t particularly deep and there could be some changes during the offseason.

“I think we will still build at the receiver spot,” Newsome said. “I think we’ll work there.”
    Pretty non-specific overall, which shouldn't be a surprise, but these are the main areas that I think mostly everyone feels needs to be worked on this off-season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Ozzie: OL, WR, and Pass Rusher are biggest off-season needs...

well atleast ozzie knows the truth. He didnt mention LB so i guess he likes the guys we have on our team already. Get ready to see more albert mcclellan and chavis williams. Actually i like Mcclellan though along side J. Mcclain

Blog Entries

The pass rush vanishes against any halfway decent offensive line. They really need someone they can put opposite of Suggs.

On my board with starting a petition..."Get T Sizzle a wingman"!!..QBs dropping back more often requires a pass rush to disrupt it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The pass rush vanishes against any halfway decent offensive line. They really need someone they can put opposite of Suggs.
    Kruger? did he disappear? i mean good offensive lines are just that for a reason. 5.5 sacks in limited duty isnt exactly horrible, plus another off season without switching positions. i dont think if he takes over for JJ well see much drop off. more sacks a little worse against the run.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by ravenspower View Post
    well atleast ozzie knows the truth. He didnt mention LB so i guess he likes the guys we have on our team already. Get ready to see more albert mcclellan and chavis williams. Actually i like Mcclellan though along side J. Mcclain
    Ah, he could also be putting out disinformation. No GM worth his salt is going to lay his cards on the table before the hand has played out. Ozzie isn't going to give away information freely to his competition.

Blog Entries

I think he's being truthful about wr though and OL though. Evans ass is as good as gone. And I think he realizes that we will likely have to replace two interior lineman this off season.

Honestly I don't think WR is a need like other people think. Pass Rush, OLine and MLB are pressing need more than WR. Unless they can find a young Hester in the return game

I can't see Ravens moving up without a 4th round pick, they likely would trade bad several slots and add picks. Like they did with Denver and did with Chicago. They moved back 2 slots and gained Chicago's 4th, but Chicago intentionally messed it up. If they slide back 10-15 spots they would obviously add more. After the top 20 players or so, it's really a fine line. Likely BPA available at 28 or trade back. As far as Konz or Burflict, tough call. Konz is safer and likely a starter for years and a solid player or future all pro. Vontaze could be a star or a bust.

Blog Entries

The Ravens are getting that fourth round back most likely, they will receive one and maybe two draft picks in compensation for losing Heap, Mason, Chris Chester, McGahee etc...

I still think either Hightower or Burfict should be our first round picks, if not then certainly Peter Konz...

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    Honestly I don't think WR is a need like other people think. Pass Rush, OLine and MLB are pressing need more than WR.
    Our WR1 (Boldin) was hampered most of the year by injury and had only 57 catches and 3 TDs.
    Our WR2 (Evans) was hurt most of the year and horribly underperformed after coming back, winding up demoted to WR3. As WR3, he finished the year with less than 0.5 catches per game.
    Our WR3 (Smith) wound up impressing significantly, being promoted to WR2. But he also dropped a lot of passes and didn't have great chemistry with Flacco on deep passes.
    All other WRs on our rosters combined for 4 catches, all caught by one guy.

Grasp that a second...we had two WRs which combined for 107 receptions, the rest combined for eight. Compare this to, say, the Steelers. Their top two combined for 141 rec, three others - each with over 10 catches - combined for 84. Let's look at the Jets, who were within 5 total receptions of the Ravens. Their top two only had 96 receptions. But the rest combined for 60.

I don't think it's possible to argue that receiver isn't still a big need for this team. Smith should develop and be very good. Boldin is okay as a second target when he's healthy. After that, though, the Ravens are flat terrible. You can argue Evans has potential. But he was horrid last year, and there's no guarantee he'll be even adequate as a #3 next year. The rest of the corps is awful, and the fact that there's absolutely no depth is really scary.

The Ravens really need some help at this position.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Our WR1 (Boldin) was hampered most of the year by injury and had only 57 catches and 3 TDs.
    Our WR2 (Evans) was hurt most of the year and horribly underperformed after coming back, winding up demoted to WR3. As WR3, he finished the year with less than 0.5 catches per game.
    Our WR3 (Smith) wound up impressing significantly, being promoted to WR2. But he also dropped a lot of passes and didn't have great chemistry with Flacco on deep passes.
    All other WRs on our rosters combined for 4 catches, all caught by one guy.

Grasp that a second...we had two WRs which combined for 107 receptions, the rest combined for eight. Compare this to, say, the Steelers. Their top two combined for 141 rec, three others - each with over 10 catches - combined for 84. Let's look at the Jets, who were within 5 total receptions of the Ravens. Their top two only had 96 receptions. But the rest combined for 60.

I don't think it's possible to argue that receiver isn't still a big need for this team. Smith should develop and be very good. Boldin is okay as a second target when he's healthy. After that, though, the Ravens are flat terrible. You can argue Evans has potential. But he was horrid last year, and there's no guarantee he'll be even adequate as a #3 next year. The rest of the corps is awful, and the fact that there's absolutely no depth is really scary.

The Ravens really need some help at this position.

- C -
    I disagree, we have receivers who can step up and catch balls other than our top 3, like Laquan and Doss. Harbaugh just wont use them, or maybe it's Cam not including them into his play book IDK.