Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should Vick be suspended?

Read the article on the 24x7 main page (Goodell Perfect Game) and then come let me know your thoughts.

Given his past troubles with the Ron Mexico thing, the near Pot bust, and now the seriousness of these charges should he be suspended for a year?

Or since his trial probably won't start until after the season should they wait and see?

Should they have a rule that a player cannot play while actively participating in a criminal court case? Which would mean he could probably play this year and then if the case runs into next season after it starts he wouldn't be able to play until it was over (assuming he is not in jail that is b/c if he were he wouldn't be able to play anyway.)

Slow day need some discussion.

I personally think he should be suspended this season and until his trial is over but I am thinking more with my heart than my head being a dog lover and finding the details of the charges appalling and sickening.

I do not want this to be a discussion that turns into an argument about Pit Bulls.
    Last edited by pyite32; 07-25-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: Should Vick be suspended?

Yes.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Based on the fact that Jones was suspended already I can't see why Goodell is waiting on doing the same to Vick. The longer he waits the more it looks like a double-standard. If he is found innocent then just reinstate him back into the league.

Hey Joey Harrington...here is your BIG chance!!!

FM

4. Re: Should Vick be suspended?

I think the fact that Vick has no "history" or "repeat" offenses is what is saving him. The water bottle thing didnt look right, but looked like there wasnt enough there to do anything. So this is vick's first real offense. Jones had 7 or 8 in just over a years time. Thats why he got suspended. Its the repeaters he is fining and suspending.

Some people are saying he isnt innocent til proven guilty? well the NFL isnt saying is guilty or not, they are saying he is involved some how, his name is putting a bad image on the NFL, so as an empolyer they have a right to suspend or fine him. Just like you company, if you didnt show for work monday cuz you were in jail, they could fire you even if the case is dropped later.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Thumbs down Re: Should Vick be suspended?

yes !!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will be cut when the time is appropriate for atlanta to make a claim against the guaranteed $$ in his contract.
    I cant see him playing again for any team other than the raiders and they jsut drafted thier guy.
    Public opinion will be brutal, and will not fade.
    I dont think it will make much difference to atlanta, football wise he has always been over hyped, overpaid and overrated.

I think odds are pretty good he'll never play another down in the NFL. I hope he doesn't, and think he should be banned from the league.

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I think odds are pretty good he'll never play another down in the NFL. I hope he doesn't, and think he should be banned from the league.

- C -
    same here, I agree he should be out of the league.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

My main problem with the article was this:

"He has done a marvelous job picking up where should be Hall of Famer Paul Tagliabue left off."

I guess Shan is not from Baltimore.

Watching NFL-TA and their legal expert they have covering the Vick situation in Richmond is saying that Vick's legal team is likely telling Vick to voluntarily step out of playing this year. It keeps Goodell from having to suspend him. It keeps the NFL's actions out of the courtroom (which could look really bad to their defense if the NFL says he did something wrong and punishes him). And the attorneys have uninterupted access to Vick for his defense...he said that this isn't a case where they're sifting through legal documents and precident. It's a case where people are providing testimony, and "if someone says something bad about Vick, Martin needs to call Vick and not get his message because Vick's in a classroom studying plays."

Interesting notion, and I think it's pretty likely right now. I find it tough to imagine Vick plays this year...

- C -