Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Pagano continues to pick from Pittsburgh

I'm upset, but only because that helps the Steelers. Showing loyalty to stay with an organization even though you have to wait for the job you want, that's tough. I would've been upset had DeCosta jumped to a team to GM, but I would've understood. It's hard to have that patience when the guy you'd be replacing has no idea when he'll retire either. Ozzie has said time and time again, he has no current plans to retire. But we all know it's bound to happen in the next 3-5 years, especially with the way they wrote DeCosta's new deal. I'd imagine the Steelers brass talked to LeBeau and got some kind of idea that he'd step down in the next couple years.

Now the concern would be that Pagano turns to OUR coaching staff to pluck his DC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ^agreed; I had always heard he was waiting for LeBeau to retire and he would be promoted. I like it!

Pagano is going to turn that team into a blue collar physical group
    And may he fail miserably...

Colts hire #steelers assistant offensive line coach Harold Goodwin as their offensive line coach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Butler is staying with the Steelers according to the Pittsgurgh PG. Met with Tomlin nad Rooney today and canceleld his interview in Indy.
    Smart move by Butler and the Steelers. He's a good coach. About time they planned for life after LeBeau.

Blog Entries

So, the Offensive Coordinator and Assistant Offensive Line Coach have both left Pittsburgh and ended up in Indianapolis. They were able to save the Defensive Coordinator in waiting, but will they be able to save more (not that they wanted to save Arians)?
    Last edited by The Excellector; 02-01-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, the Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach have both left Pittsburgh and ended up in Indianapolis. They were able to save the Defensive Coordinator in waiting, but will they be able to save more (not that they wanted to save Arians)?
    "Assistant" Offensive Line coach. I don't think it will be a big deal. Every team loses assistant coaches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, the Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach have both left Pittsburgh and ended up in Indianapolis. They were able to save the Defensive Coordinator in waiting, but will they be able to save more (not that they wanted to save Arians)?
    Since when has Pittsburgh had a good Offensive Line?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    "Assistant" Offensive Line coach. I don't think it will be a big deal. Every team loses assistant coaches.
    Noted
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Since when has Pittsburgh had a good Offensive Line?
    I think that a large part of that has been the fault of the front office. They've operated off of the idea that Ben is a one of a kind quarterback who can take hits that other can't and escape sacks that others can't. In essence, they didn't feel the need to heavily invest in their offensive line. Pouncey is the only major investment.