Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Cam Cameron when it's said and done is going to have held this team back more than Kyle Boller.

Cameron completely wasted the first quarter. How do they not see any problems?

Who can do a better job? My 4th grade math teacher probably could.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Cam Cameron when it's said and done is going to have held this team back more than Kyle Boller.
    And this is why I can't take any of this whining seriously.

I am not part of the Cameron Fan Club and can see areas of his plans and philosophy that I do not support, but he is the OC for 2012. We will struggle to deal with the Offense each week on this board (because past performance IS a projection of the future), and we will have to see how 13 wins in the prior season can be so hard to stomach. The Ravens will win "ugly" because it is what they do. The Offense will score so that the ST can let up a KR for a TD, or the ST or Offense will turn the ball over so that the Defense has a tough time, or the Defense will get torched so that the Offense has to work to fight back.

Time to wait for the draft and the Free Agent signings to see where things go. And then time to get through Training Camp and Pre-season to avoid injuries. And then time to make sure that the seat belts are fastened and that tray tables are secured in their upright position for a season with the Ravens. Cam is the OC and it is highly unlikely he will be canned during the season. Time to live with it.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    And this is why I can't take any of this whining seriously.
    Judging by many comments on this board, one would think that 25 or so teams should also have canned their Coordinators.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Judging by many comments on this board, one would think that 25 or so teams should also have canned their Coordinators.

PP
    Some of these same people wanted us to look at guys like Brad Childress, whom Farve and the offense up in Minny thought was a joke when it came to calling plays and Hue Jackson, who hasn't proven anything at all other than he is a blow hard, power hungry idiot. Cam's resume is vastly superior to both.

Then you have the inexperianced position coaches...who may or may not be better. Just because a guy was on the staff in Green Bay or New Orleans doesn't mean they are better than Cam or any other OC.

Blog Entries

Then you have the inexperianced position coaches...who may or may not be better. Just because a guy was on the staff in Green Bay or New Orleans doesn't mean they are better than Cam or any other OC.
    I get what you're saying, and I am about done with this topic since it's not changing for at least a year.

But how do you know what your take on X will be if you don't interview them?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I get what you're saying, and I am about done with this topic since it's not changing for at least a year.

But how do you know what your take on X will be if you don't interview them?
    Because you can't and logically will not just interview a bunch of people for a coordinator job. Typically for those jobs, it has to be someone the HC has his eyes on and has gotten excellent reviews on. They don't typically cast a net of 10-15 guys...maybe 1 or 2...expeciallly if you aren't rushing to fire who you already have...and it's apparent that at the very least, John feels that Cam did a good enough job that he is comfortable with him as his OC this year again.

Blog Entries

Because you can't and logically will not just interview a bunch of people for a coordinator job. Typically for those jobs, it has to be someone the HC has his eyes on and has gotten excellent reviews on. They don't typically cast a net of 10-15 guys...maybe 1 or 2...expeciallly if you aren't rushing to fire who you already have...
    As I mentioned before, the season just ended Sunday, so did they even look?

and it's apparent that at the very least, John feels that Cam did a good enough job that he is comfortable with him as his OC this year again.
    That's no surprise. Harbaugh also said Rosburg's special teams did a good job.

I know we (the royal we) joke about John and coaches that have ties to his friends and families and that's why they are here. But I am really starting to believe if he thinks special teams was good.

Blog Entries

I just don't get how you can justify extending an offensive coordinators contract after calling games like at Jacksonville and Seattle. We are 12-4 because of our defense and the fact that our offense is talented enough to keep us in games all the time, realistically this offense should be putting up 40 odd points vs teams like the Jaguars, I mean his play calling is actually good against teams like the Steelers, which puzzles me about his mentality. It's as if he viewed the Jags and said "oh they are not good at all, so I will have Joe throw the ball every time!", but when we played the Patriots or the Steelers, it's like "I will call the best game plan I have ever called in my life". Joe Flacco needs to start running this offense, I'm tired of seeing this O under perform with the most vanilla play calling in the NFL.

I'm not a huge Cam fan, but some of the reactions here are out of control. If Evans catches that ball we're in the Super Bowl. No matter what an OC does, you will always be able to find something to question, but the simple fact his, we were in position to win the AFCCG.

Everyone who wants to say how Joe isn't progressing and Cam is holding us back just remember this. With Joe and Cam this year we...
    - Swept the AFC North
    - Swept our home games
    - Won our division
    - got a 1st round by and home playoff game
    - came within one play of a Super Bowl, and the reason that play failed had little to nothing to do with Joe or Cam (the only criticism I've heard that's even close to legitimate is that they should have targeted someone other than Evans, but frankly the guy had 2 hands on the ball in the end zone. I don't care who we throw it too, if that's the result than the OC and quarterback did what they could on that play and are beyond blame)

In effect, Joe and Cam did what they needed to get us to a Super Bowl. Cam being retained is far from the worse thing the Ravens could have done at OC this off season. Let's stop being so spoiled as a fan base!

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if they took interviews for the Defensive Coordinator position this time? I do know that Clarence Brooks interviewed for the position when Rex left and when Mattison left. I also know that the players think very highly of Clarence Brooks.

I don't think that this is an issue of Brooks being content as a Defensive Line coach. Something else is going on here. He is the last guy from the Rex Ryan 'era', sort of speak.

Does anyone know if the Ravens have blocked Brooks from being interviewed for positions with other teams or if anyone else has shown interest in him as a defensive coordinator?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Don't worry, if Cam screws up next year, he'll be gone.
    No offense intended, but I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard this last year.

It's football groundhog day. :(