Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Clark on Ravens/Patriots AFCC Game...

Probably need to put more a glare on the media for singling out the one part that was closest to smack talk. The headline wasn't about playing well, or having to play hard. The headline was "Ravens are always the bridesmaids, never the brides"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I don't doubt that there is a certain amount of sympathy in his words but I'm also betting that the players did enjoy seeing them lose in such a gut wrenching manner, its a part of the rivalry.
    I dunno. The Steelers don't exactly have a lot of love for the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    Which is why they'll probably take some pleasure in seeing the Pats lose to the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    I too sort of think the Steelers wouldn't have minded seeing us beat New England. I know I can say that if the Pats and Steelers were playing a regular season game, for example, that was meaningless in terms of benefitting/hurting the Ravens, I'd prefer to see the Steelers win.

I feel like both we and the Steelers respect each other and hate the Patriots for the same reason: you respect the team that plays similar ball to you. (Plus, Pats might be the only team that gets more calls than the Steelers.)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ver-the-bride/

I know many will spin it as him talking shit, but I don't see it that way at all. It's pretty honest and I kind of take it from the stance that Clark and a lot of other Steelers wanted the Ravens to win.

That can be spun in a lot of ways, but he followed it up with this:
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with this statement. It's spot on and does describe the ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    This might be the classiest thing I've ever read from a Steelers player regarding the Ravens. Nothing he said was that bad... or untrue.

Ravens have no one to blame but themselves, really.
    Agreed. I don't see it as dissing the Ravens. He seemed to understand what our guys could be feeling right now with the manner in which we lost. Any player could no matter what team they play for.

That was about the nicest, most compassionate thing I would ever expect to read from a Steeler.

Blog Entries

I too sort of think the Steelers wouldn't have minded seeing us beat New England. I know I can say that if the Pats and Steelers were playing a regular season game, for example, that was meaningless in terms of benefitting/hurting the Ravens, I'd prefer to see the Steelers win.

I feel like both we and the Steelers respect each other and hate the Patriots for the same reason: you respect the team that plays similar ball to you. (Plus, Pats might be the only team that gets more calls than the Steelers.)
    I agree. I think you want to see someone from your own division if it's not you.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    God I can't wait to sweep them again next year. Joe Flacco is never going to lose to them again in his career. They better enjoy the times they beat Flacco in his younger more vulnerable years with the help from the referees because they aren't beating the Ravens in the next decade. Flacco actually improves unlike Roethlisberger.
    Are you kidding? Next year is another year and the rosters won't look exactly the same. Who knows what will happen.

So Flacco has a career day against the 31st ranked defense in the NFL and you're already crowning him king of the AFC North? Like it or not, a healed Roethlisberger is still the best QB in the AFC North.

Blog Entries

Was wondering when all the shit heads were going to come out of the woodwork...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Was wondering when all the shit heads were going to come out of the woodwork...
    ??? So if you believe Roethlisberger is the best QB in the AFC North, you're a shit head? Is that it Einstein?

This might be the classiest thing I've ever read from a Steelers player regarding the Ravens. Nothing he said was that bad... or untrue.

Ravens have no one to blame but themselves, really.
    Yep. Bad thing for Clark was his coverage cost them a SB last season and the division this season. Plus, he is likely a cap casuality.