Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ryan Clark on Ravens/Patriots AFCC Game...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ver-the-bride/

I know many will spin it as him talking shit, but I don't see it that way at all. It's pretty honest and I kind of take it from the stance that Clark and a lot of other Steelers wanted the Ravens to win.

“My phone rang off the hook when Billy Cundiff missed the field goal,” Clark said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I mean gut wrenching. I know for those guys it is heart breaking, but that is what football is about. You have to make every play and New England made just enough plays to win the game. I know it seems like for the Ravens right now always the bridesmaid and never a bride.”
    That can be spun in a lot of ways, but he followed it up with this:

“It just shows that no matter how good your team is from year to year, no matter how many future Hall of Famers you have, you have to perform every day and winning Super Bowls is hard,”
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Clark on Ravens/Patriots AFCC Game...

God I can't wait to sweep them again next year. Joe Flacco is never going to lose to them again in his career. They better enjoy the times they beat Flacco in his younger more vulnerable years with the help from the referees because they aren't beating the Ravens in the next decade. Flacco actually improves unlike Roethlisberger.

Its funny how the Steelers, especially this guy, will constantly run their mouths, but we have guys that will excuse it. Yet, if Flacco or Reed answers a question then we are labeled as talking too much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Its funny how the Steelers, especially this guy, will constantly run their mouths, but we have guys that will excuse it. Yet, if Flacco or Reed answers a question then we are labeled as talking too much.
    Well, I've never really been like that.

I think Reed's comments prior to the Patriots game were true, but poorly timed because of the potential dissention it could have caused. Other than that, who cares?

I try not to get too worked up over what players say because more often than not the reports (esp sites like PFT) spin it how they want and it's almost always not how it was meant.

Nicest Diss I've ever heard/read lol

PFT is pretty much the TMZ of Sports Journalism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Nicest Diss I've ever heard/read lol
    Haha, he's not wrong though.

The whole "Ravens will never win with Flacco" commentary is bogus and just shit talking for the sake of shit talking, but it's not like he's lying. The Ravens have been the bridesmaid the past 4 seasons. They have to find a way to get over the hump.

Blog Entries

It is easier for teams like the Steelers to win the superbowl because when the opponent has a huge punt return touchdown it gets called back for completely bogus holding, or if they need to score a touchdown they get an extra 3 or 4 chances because of a bogus defensive holding penalty called on the noseguard on a run play on third down. Or it doesn't matter if they only had a 100 yard interception return touchdown because of a massive block in the back directly preventing a tackle, because Harrison just had so much will power damn it!

Or it helps to get to play at home because you won a game against Baltimore with a game-winning touchdown pass with which the ball was never in the endzone.

The Steelers are phony and the luckiest team. The team the Ravens had this year would've beaten the 2008 Steelers 27-14 and the 2005 Steelers 49-6. They aren't going to win another Superbowl for at least 30 years and they aren't ever beating Joe Flacco again, even with help from the refs. We had 9 dropped passes and a disregarded 77 yard touchdown run this past game and we still won. And if Cam Cameron leaves... oh my God we will destroy them each time.

I don't really see from those comments how he's dissing the Ravens. He's just saying anything can happen any given Sunday.

EDIT: Heh I see what PFT did - their headline took his quote out of context and made it sound like he was dissing the Ravens. Typical PFT.

Meh. This is actually a more thoughtful statement than I would've expected from Ryan Clark. The comment doesn't sound so bad, and has the appeal of being essentially correct. I mostly agree with Wicked's take except that I don't draw the conclusion that Clark or any other Steelers necessarily wanted the Ravens to win.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Haha, he's not wrong though.

The whole "Ravens will never win with Flacco" commentary is bogus and just shit talking for the sake of shit talking, but it's not like he's lying. The Ravens have been the bridesmaid the past 4 seasons. They have to find a way to get over the hump.
    I don't doubt that there is a certain amount of sympathy in his words but I'm also betting that the players did enjoy seeing them lose in such a gut wrenching manner, its a part of the rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I don't doubt that there is a certain amount of sympathy in his words but I'm also betting that the players did enjoy seeing them lose in such a gut wrenching manner, its a part of the rivalry.
    I dunno. The Steelers don't exactly have a lot of love for the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    God I can't wait to sweep them again next year. Joe Flacco is never going to lose to them again in his career. They better enjoy the times they beat Flacco in his younger more vulnerable years with the help from the referees because they aren't beating the Ravens in the next decade. Flacco actually improves unlike Roethlisberger.
    Are you kidding? Next year is another year and the rosters won't look exactly the same. Who knows what will happen.

So Flacco has a career day against the 31st ranked defense in the NFL and you're already crowning him king of the AFC North? Like it or not, a healed Roethlisberger is still the best QB in the AFC North.