Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: AFC North predictions for next season

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The problem is that even if RG3 has the same impact as Newton has this year (unlikely), look at the Panthers record, and this is still the Browns we're talking about.... I'm not sold on the current management/coaching of the Browns either. Was very impressed with their defense this season though.

I'm just throwing predictions out there, I don't want to jinx us or anything, but we are probably looking in best shape out of all the other teams in the AFCN, the Steelers and the Benagls both have major issues cap wise. Although the Bengals do have two first round picks, and if they build from their success from this season I can see them being even better at 11-5. But again, would not surprise me if they bungul it out as they have done in the past.
    Browns have much better talent than Carolina IMO. Adding a solid QB could make them competetive right away. And making predictions at this point is just guesswork anyway
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 01-26-2012 at 11:36 AM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm going to hold off on predictions until training camp arrives. Way to early. In additon our schedule next year is really tough. 5 playoff teams at home and two more who were eliminated from the playoffs (Raiders, Cowboys) on the last weekend of the season. Then we 3 playoff teams on the road and another (Chargers) who seems to have our number lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Browns have much better talent than Carolina IMO. Adding a solid QB could make them competetive right away
    Not sure about that, particularly on O. Hillis is unsettled and don't have much of a running back behind it. Their WRs are woeful, though Little might grow into it. Decent O-line. Carolina has good running backs and Steve Smith.

Browns may have a little more talent on D, though. Carolina have Johnson and Beason, which are decent.

I'm a bit concerned about RG3 being in Cleveland. Possibly 4 legitimate Qbs in the division sucks and he's an athletic one, guys the Ravens tend to struggle a little against.

That said, it's all too early for predictions. After the draft and FA would the earliest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm going to hold off on predictions until training camp arrives. Way to early. In additon our schedule next year is really tough. 5 playoff teams at home and two more who were eliminated from the playoffs (Raiders, Cowboys) on the last weekend of the season. Then we 3 playoff teams on the road and another (Chargers) who seems to have our number lately.
    They don't really "have our number", they had a big win over us this season, other than that we haven't really played them much, and actually won the game in 2009.

2012 Ravens predictions

With Cam - 9W-7L no playoffs. New OC for 2013

Without Cam (new OC that knows how to utilize Joe) 12W - 4L - Division champs, Superbowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    2012 Ravens predictions

Without Cam (new OC that knows how to utilize Joe) 12W - 4L - Division champs, Superbowl.
    Jesus, Cam's Absence must be one of the most valuable players in the league, right up there w Brady and Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Jesus, Cam's Absence must be one of the most valuable players in the league, right up there w Brady and Manning.
    Seriously. Were we just going to go 15-1 three years in a row without him or something? He may not be very good, but it's not like we're incapable of winning the whole thing with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    That being said, next year's home schedule is unlikely to give us an 8-0 record. It includes 5 teams which made the playoffs:

Patriots
    Giants
    Steelers
    Bengals
    Broncos

As well as the Cowboys and Raiders. The patsie on the home schedule would be the Browns. 7 pretty good teams in there.
    There isnt one team listed that remotely scares me, considering them this year ofcourse and not knowing what offseason additions they make. were better than all of those teams and i see us getting better not worse. were great at home so i dont see any reason to not end up 8-0 again against the listed. id sooner suggest we end up 11-5 or even 10-6 as our schedule as champions will admittedly be harder. Texans Chargers and Eagles may all be losses and include the steelers and bengals away games and i think youre looking at a realistic outcome.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    2012 Ravens predictions

With Cam = 4000 bitching posts by RHarris

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    Cutting Harrison this year would save them no money. It's possible he could be cut next year. The more likely cuts this year are: Farrior, Foote, Ward, McFadden, Hampton, Battle, Smith (and Hoke who just retired).

There are not many other cuts that would actually save them money. Cutting the guys listed would save them around $20 million. They'll lose veteran leadership, but frankly most of the guys listed were not full-time starters any more, so it's tough to say what the full impact would be.

They'd also likely restructure a couple of contracts.

EDIT: Add Kemo and Will Allen to the likely cuts.

If they cut the players listed above and restructure contracts like Woodley and Timmons (both of whom are due large roster bonuses), they can save more than $30 million which gets them well under the cap. It will mean they lose veteran depth on the bench and whether they have enough wiggle room to re-sign Wallace remains to be seen.
    I believe Harrison signed his deal in 2009. meaning this would have been his 3rd year under the deal. all contracts in the NFL are basically 3 year deals. 10 mill guaranteed should already be accounted for so I think his injuries and larger cap number may be a reason. its just my opinion, havent heard anything suggesting such.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....t-details.html

So, in effect, the contract could actually be considered a two or three-year deal, which is more in line with what a 31-year-old player
    -JAB

Way too early to say for sure what will happen, but I'll start things off with this:

Bengals 11-5

Ravens 10-6

Browns 7-9

Steelers 6-10

I think the Bengals have fewer variables right now standing in the way of a division title. If the Ravens address the O-line, D-line, and LB positions well, I think I put them back up on top.

Also, keep in mind that while we play Houston and New England, the Bengals get Jacksonville and the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I believe Harrison signed his deal in 2009. meaning this would have been his 3rd year under the deal. all contracts in the NFL are basically 3 year deals. 10 mill guaranteed should already be accounted for so I think his injuries and larger cap number may be a reason. its just my opinion, havent heard anything suggesting such.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....t-details.html
    It's possible they could cut Harrison. I just don't think they need to and since he's still productive it doesn't make a lot of sense. Worilds looked ok subbing in for Harrison and Woodley, both of whom missed 5+ games, so they do have options if they decide not to bring Harrison back.

If they do cut Harrison they would have no trouble at all bringing Wallace back.

Harrison's contract was a 6-year deal - so there would be some dead money involved. His bonus wasn't as large as the salaries though, so it is inevitable he will be cut at some point - my guess would be next year.