Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

That's what is sad. Cameron's calls are so predictable, that any of us can call what it's going to be. Stretch run 1st and 2nd down and then shotgun throw. I'm sorry, but this offense will not evolve until they get an actual OC in here. They have the talent, I'm not saying they're the best offense talent wise, but they should be much more EFFICIENT than they are. He has to go, sorry. A new QB coach will not cut it, he's not the one calling the plays and designing the schemes and there has to be someone out there better than Cam. If not, there's a lot of sucky offensive assistants.

It's just like many said on here. They wasted the 1st quarter in NE while the D shut down Brady the whole time. They could throw on that D at will and still, all they manage is 20 freaking points? Cam trying to jam Ray Rice down the middle and it getting stuffed every time. Sometimes, and maybe this is just me, but he wants us to lose, at least that's how he calls the game. It's incredible that they actually want to keep this idiot around. I mean I could see if we lacked the talent but we don't. It's sad truthfully. It'd hard to get excited for Joe and the offense with this clown still calling plays. Maybe I'm too harsh, but I've had enough.

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Cam is afraid that if he does a great job as OC, some team will want him as a head coach. We all remember how he did in Miami. He has job security with the Ravens, it doesn't get any better then that. Cam will stay and the Ravens will win a Super Bowl and the talking heads will say that because Joe and Cam worked together for years( Like Peyton and Tom Moore), that is why they won. Only way Ravens get rid of Cam is if it comes from Biscotti. I say Cam stays, Joe gets better then what he has done so far, and Ravens become a team to be dealt with for years to come.. O'yea, Ray Lewis gets a ring because he is not retiring , even if he is coaching at that point. Which will be the greatest thing ever to happen for the Ravens organization.

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    But if the Ravens think that the way to get to the Superbowl is to do more of the same - more of what Cam Cameron wants to do they will be sadly mistaken.
    It sounds like a lot of you folks seem to forget we were a dropped pass away from actually being in the Super Bowl with a Cam Cameron led offense.

I'm not a Cam supporter. I actually prefer it if they would part ways. But the guy takes heat unnecessarily in several situations. I broke it down in an article earlier which Tony posted here last week, and I posted here on my blog. He's nowhere near as bad as many people make him out to be.

But all this "We'll never get to the SB with him" crap should slow down. We need players that can make plays for us. Right now, we're sorely lacking that. I'd like a new OC too...but our current one did what needed to be done to get us to the big dance. Let's not pretend it's not possible to get there with him. And anyone saying we won't make the playoffs next year if he's here needs a reality check. Since he's been here, we haven't missed. Because of him or not, it's highly unlikely that if we miss next year, it's because of him.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    That's what is sad. Cameron's calls are so predictable, that any of us can call what it's going to be. Stretch run 1st and 2nd down and then shotgun throw. I'm sorry, but this offense will not evolve until they get an actual OC in here. They have the talent, I'm not saying they're the best offense talent wise, but they should be much more EFFICIENT than they are. He has to go, sorry. A new QB coach will not cut it, he's not the one calling the plays and designing the schemes and there has to be someone out there better than Cam. If not, there's a lot of sucky offensive assistants.

It's just like many said on here. They wasted the 1st quarter in NE while the D shut down Brady the whole time. They could throw on that D at will and still, all they manage is 20 freaking points? Cam trying to jam Ray Rice down the middle and it getting stuffed every time. Sometimes, and maybe this is just me, but he wants us to lose, at least that's how he calls the game. It's incredible that they actually want to keep this idiot around. I mean I could see if we lacked the talent but we don't. It's sad truthfully. It'd hard to get excited for Joe and the offense with this clown still calling plays. Maybe I'm too harsh, but I've had enough.

I'm going to get accused of writing this post.

My wife called the first Ravens play prior to the snap. That should tell you something about the Ravens offense.

At this point I would be willing to get rid of Harbaugh if that was the only way I could get rid of Cam.

I think the decision on Cam has yet to be made! My fingers are crossed!

At this point I would be willing to get rid of Harbaugh if that was the only way I could get rid of Cam.
    :grbac:

You realize we're the only team that's won playoff games each of the last four years, right? Cause it sounds like you don't.

Jesus Christ people... ONE DROPPED PASS FROM THE SUPERBOWL!!!

But this team has no chance with Cam as coordinator! No sir! None at all!

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    To be fair, though...

Now that the season is over it is reasonable to look for areas where the team can upgrade. And there's no reason at all why change should be limited to players on the field, provided we are really and truly upgrading.

I don't claim to be knowledgeable enough to say whether Person X or Y would be better than Cam. But there are people at The Castle who can make that determination, and I wouldn't be sad, disappointed, or surprised to see they found an upgrade over our current OC.

I'm not saying he's bad, but it may be we could do better, despite our excellent season-gone-by.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    :grbac:

You realize we're the only team that's won playoff games each of the last four years, right? Cause it sounds like you don't.

Jesus Christ people... ONE DROPPED PASS FROM THE SUPERBOWL!!!

- C -
    A famous man once said that those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it. We have been just one play (more or less) away from the Superbowl for the last four year. Next year (with Cam) it will be five.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That's not a bad thing. I like having the best available
    I 100% concur.

If after much deliberation and research from Bisciotti, Ozzie, Dick Cass, DeCosta, and John Harbaugh results in that Cam is the best offensive coordinator for this team...then so be it.

If there isn't someone that they 100% feel is going to make this team better, then go with Cam.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

And as I said in the other thread...

The OL was garbage. Absolutely pathetic performance from the OL and it's not that surprising. The OL has been terrible all season long.

The Patriots D had some good games throughout the season, but they gave up an average of over 4.6 yards per carry up until the Baltimore Ravens came to Foxboro.

In a game where they held Tebow to just 9 completions on 26 drop backs, the Broncos (McGahee and Lance Ball) still averaged 4 yards per carry.

The Ravens, who are supposed to be a run-first team, averaged a sissy 3.29 yards per carry against the Patriots and to top it all off, the OL gave up stupid pressure to THREE guys a lot of the time. Vince Wilfork bitched this OL badly and Mark Anderson (who has been cut from about 9 different teams [obvious exaggeration]) had McKinnie and Oher running in circles.

Cam Cameron is not the best offensive coordinator in the NFL, but it would be hard to do much of anything with the way the OL played. Absolutely pathetic. If it weren't for Joe being able to step up in the pocket and get away from the pocket who knows how many sacks they would have had. Fucking Wilfork would push Birk back into Flacco's face and reach OVER Birk and grab at Flacco's arms and jersey. What the shit was that?!?

I can guaran-damn-tee you that Bisciotti is NOT taking this loss lightly and he is NOT taking this off-season lightly. Any reporter who claims to have inside information is full of shit and talking out of their ass. There is no such thing as inside information with the Ravens organization. They're as secretive as the CIA...maybe more so.

Until it's up on www.baltimoreravens.com it doesn't matter and it doesn't mean anything.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

A famous man once said that those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it. We have been just one play (more or less) away from the Superbowl for the last four year. Next year (with Cam) it will be five.
    There's a team a couple of hours northwest of here that was constantly, over a 13 year period, in the playoffs and lost several AFCC games (4), many at home. Then all of a sudden, with the same HC, they won a SB.

Then since then, they've won another and been to a 3rd.

They repeated history with Cowher over and over again - and then, they hit it.

Just saying....
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    There's a team a couple of hours northwest of here that was constantly, over a 13 year period, in the playoffs and lost several AFCC games (4), many at home. Then all of a sudden, with the same HC, they won a SB.

Then since then, they've won another and been to a 3rd.

They repeated history with Cowher over and over again - and then, they hit it.

Just saying....
    DO you recall what the reason they couldn't get over the hump was?

I know QB was one, but I don't recall if it was their Defense or Offense etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I 100% concur.

If after much deliberation and research from Bisciotti, Ozzie, Dick Cass, DeCosta, and John Harbaugh results in that Cam is the best offensive coordinator for this team...then so be it.

If there isn't someone that they 100% feel is going to make this team better, then go with Cam.
    Seriously they cannot find someone better than Cam? After all his deficincies have been laid out? How is offense play design is from a by gone era. There is no one better? That's just BS. That's just accepting playing it safe.