Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mike Preston: Ravens coaches feeling heat after failing to reach Super Bowl

Ravens coaches feeling heat after failing to reach Super Bowl

You can read it if you want, but one paragraph stood out to me in this...

"According to a team source, no coaches have been dismissed yet, but that could happen in the next two to three weeks. The source also said that offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has not been told whether he will return next season, but he drew criticism from team officials for throwing the ball to receiver Lee Evans in the end zone late in the game instead of to other prominent receivers."

Really?

I mean, really?

Who the hell was he supposed to throw the ball to?

So did we bring Evans in here just to be on the field and look pretty and not attempt to make plays?

Dude is standing there wide open in the endzone and Joe is not supposed to throw the ball to him?

Are you freakin' kidding me?

I'm usually not one to get on the bash Preston bandwagon, but this is too far over the top for me to believe.:grbac:
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Mike Preston: Ravens coaches feeling heat after failing to reach Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

"According to a team source, no coaches have been dismissed yet, but that could happen in the next two to three weeks. The source also said that offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has not been told whether he will return next season, but he drew criticism from team officials for throwing the ball to receiver Lee Evans in the end zone late in the game instead of to other prominent receivers."

Really?

I mean, really?

So did we bring Evans in here just to be on the field and look pretty and not attempt to make plays?

Dude is standing there wide open in the endzone and Joe is not supposed to throw the ball to him?

I'm usually not one to get on the bash Preston bandwagon, but this is too far over the top for me to believe.:grbac:
    Cam didnt throw it too anyone preston you dick, Joe threw it.. does he get cut too?

this man is just an awful, awful reporter, i bet he made it up and has no source at al

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

Really?

I mean, really?

I cant say i didnt question the throw to Evans a little bit myself as opposed to Pitta or Boldin, but its not like he didnt have a great opportunity to catch that ball. Joe threw a perfect ball and explained he threw it because the defender had his back turned, it worked, Evans didnt hold on. Same situation with Boldin or Pitta and i doubt its a drop (even with Boldins issues). I think targeting Evans was something the Pats probably werent expecting, so it worked in theory, but at the same time theres a reason they wouldnt be expecting it. I dont think that should be the reason Cam gets let go, but if it is a means to an end then so be it.

EDIT: on a side note... Preston sucks.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I am not Cam's biggest fan, but I can't imagine getting heat for Joe choosing to throw it to anyone.

If Evans wasn't the guy to throw to he shouldn't have been signed or been on the field.

I can't believe this hack still has a job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Cam didnt throw it too anyone preston you dick, Joe threw it.. does he get cut too?

this man is just an awful, awful reporter, i bet he made it up and has no source at al
    pretty much echoes my thoughts. It's good for the coaches to get scrutinized; just not for something as ridiculous as that

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

preston, wally williams and bruce laird were on TD Baltimore last night. they kept talking about plays left on the field. flacco missed an opporutnity to throw to leach when he threw to Kris Wilson. there is no such thing as a perfect game. i couldn't believe how negative these guys were talking about how the ravens played.

the ravens played a damn good game and if it weren;t for two players dropping the ball, literally, we win. they could have won the game despite having to overcome very poor offensive and defensive line play. you can't play with 22 probowlers and be perfect in every aspect of the game. its how you play as a team and how you make plays when they count that wins games and we played as a team pretty damn well.

Blog Entries

I guess the logic is throwing it to Evans was like throwing it to a rookie. What had he done to that point to prove that in that situation he would come through. When TJ dropped that ball last year those questions were not there because he had caught the game winner at Pitt earlier in the season. What has Evans done this season? Not much.

If Preston is right then there are people in our front office that are fucking clueless and I find that hard to believe. Joe said it after the game "I saw the guy's head was turn so I thought I could fit it in and give Lee a chance to make a play" How is that in any way the coaches fault??

Blog Entries

"Other prominent receivers"...? Who do the Ravens have that is a so called "prominent reciever"?

Haven't Boldin, Smith, and Dickson all had drop issues this year? Pitta doesn't drop passes but is he a "prominent receiver" at this point?

Absurd. It's not like the Ravens have Calvin and Andre Johnson outside and chose to go to Evans. This is as ridiculous as the people who thought Cam was intentionally sabotaging the offense during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I guess the logic is throwing it to Evans was like throwing it to a rookie. What had he done to that point to prove that in that situation he would come through. When TJ dropped that ball last year those questions were not there because he had caught the game winner at Pitt earlier in the season. What has Evans done this season? Not much.
    What?

I don't know what game you were watching, but Evans was having his best game of the year to that point. Made a great catch on 3rd and 11 when were down 16-10 in the 3rd quarter that ended up being a TD drive to take the lead. It's not like he was on the bench the entire game and then all of a sudden we throw him in there on the last drive. The route he ran was perfect, and Joe made a beautiful back shoulder throw, the defender just makes the play of the year for the Patriots and gets his whole arm on the ball.

Things happen on the field faster than any fan can possibly imagine. He makes his cut, turns and before he can even think the ball hits him in the chest and is knocked out simultaneously by the defender. Not excusing him for not holding onto it, but its not like he was standing there wide open and drops it on his own, give the defender credit for making the play. If he just gave up after watching him catch it then Evans doesn't drop it and we are going to the Super Bowl. Blaming Cam for this game is beyond rediculous, the offense responded every single time the Pats scored and were the reason we had a chance to win it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

Cam's responsible for the playcall - including the design of the play and the personnel on the field (the package). I think what they are saying is that there should have been someone else running that route for that play (and they probably meant Boldin or Pitta).

Blog Entries

This ridiculous.

If Evans wasn't trusted to catch the pass he shouldn't even be in the league muc less on the team.

I understand everyone is pissed and down about the loss, hell for the first time in years, I haven't watched the Ravens on NFL replay (last night), but second guessing who we threw the ball to???? Come on!!! This is no different than saying we should have called a timeout before the kick.

Shoulda coulda woulda. If If If.