Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Suggs did not ball so hard

the last few games....also why did he not line upon the right side of brady the 2nd half...i dont get it,
    he doesnt deserve DPOY

Re: Suggs did not ball so hard

Suggs was disappointing in the clutch. He did not feature against Houston OR Pats. We desperately need another pass rusher. We have a VERY GOOD team, but we are more than one or two players away from a GREAT team. (And where was McPhee the last two games?)

Plain and simple, I think Suggs needs to improve his conditioning. You see Ray in the locker room and he's shredded, Suggs not nearly at that level. I definitely believe that played a role in his lack of late season production.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

iggyman555 Guest

i think this is a bigger issue than anyone talks about

Suggs needs to add some pass rushing moves...he only has the outside speed rush and once in awhile a stutter step move

He has got to own more than Big Ben and sub par QB's.

He has always disappeared in big games. Ngata does too.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    He has always disappeared in big games. Ngata does too.
    I'm glad you mentioned Ngata! That guy has taken his contract and run - shame on you!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

I agree that Suggs has been MIA for the past month. Maybe he needs to stay off ESPN. But Ngata has not made a play for half a season. We needed him to step up, and he disappeared. Over $100 million tied up in two players, and neither made an impact play.

Brady was getting rid of it pretty quickly, but I agree that other than Kruger's textbook sack, our pass rush was disappointing.

Suggs and Ngata have not rushed the passer well at all for the last 3-4 games.

Is Ngata still suffering from that mid-season leg injury? His production was excellent early in the season and then very suddenly fell off the cliff.

Suggs more just tailed off. The suggestion made above about his conditioning sounds plausible. He owned Matt Light two years ago. Why not tonight?