Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Potential New Offensive Coordinators...

Who would you like to see? Think its almost certain cam wont be coming back.

I would love to see Brad childress. That one season he had favre, plus he's from the Andy Ried coaching tree. Add to the fact that he and Harbs know each other, and worked together. He also knows how to deal with an all star Running back, and a Great(You don't understand how much Joe impressed me today) QB.

I think he would be a perfect match. Who do you have in mind?

Let me stat though, that i'm more than happy with Cam's performance today. He did his thing. Even the most hardened Cam Haters have to give him his props today. Unfortunately the writing was on the wall long before this game.
    Last edited by BleedPurple92; 01-22-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries
    I believe in Cam. ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Potential New Offensive Coordinators...

Honestly, I can't speculate on this. To me, Cam might deserve another shot after today. I think his calls were great.

Childress and Jackson are pretty big figures who could hurt as much as they could help. I can't think of any slam dunk improvement over Cameron.

Remember, even if you "upgrade" your OC, that's a whole new system Joe has to learn. Who knows if he fits better or worse with that?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Mike Sherman?

Thoughts on him as a potential OC candidate?

He was the OC for Seattle in 99 and with Jon Kitna and Ricky Waters they were 12th in points scored that year. He comes from the Mike Holmgren coaching tree and was an OL coach prior to being an OC and HC with the Packers.

With Green Bay (2000-2005) the Packers' offense hovered around 4th-6th in total points. (2005 was a terrible year and he was fired afterwards).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I believe in Cam. ;)
    Hahahaha... I'm not gonna lie man. Cam did his thing today. Even the Cam haters have to give him his props today. I'm proud of my team, i'm proud of our offense, and our defense.

Its sad that Cam has to go, i like the guy personally, but i'm more than curious to see what this offense can look like with a few new weapons around Joe, and in another system or with another coordinator. Thank Cam for 4 years and move on, such is life.

Don't like Childress. Maybe I don't know enough about him, but I don't think players respected him in MN.

Damn, wish Norv was fired in SD.

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Don't like Childress. Maybe I don't know enough about him, but I don't think players respected him in MN.

Damn, wish Norv was fired in SD.
    He was a horrible Head coach, but the one season he had a solid QB, that offense looked incredible with Farve.

Cam sucks and he sucked today, too. We should have put up 30 or more today but Cam managed to keep it to 20. He only knows how to call inside handoffs to Rice or an occasional long heave to Smith or Boldin. I'm not asking for gadget plays but, geez, come up with something. Did we throw one screen today? Did we rollout Joe as a called play more than once? Did we run outside more than once or twice? I also fault Harbaugh for kicking that early FG. This is the AFCCG. Go for the damn thing. If you're stopped, NE has to go 98 yards. You didn't see Belichick kicking a FG on 4th down on the goal line.

Outside of the two brain farts at the end, the players played well but the coaches didn't show that they had the faith to let them go for the win early on. When you dominate the stats and turnovers and lose, there's a problem somewhere in the scheme or playcalling.

Re: Mike Sherman?

Good call, my only gripe would be just how "west coast" is he. Nobody runs a pure west coast in the NFL except Cleveland and their pass offense looked horrendous this past year.

Blog Entries
    If they change, I'd rather see a young guy that has some experience with the spread

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Mike Sherman?

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Good call, my only gripe would be just how "west coast" is he. Nobody runs a pure west coast in the NFL except Cleveland and their pass offense looked horrendous this past year.
    Well, someone like Mike Sherman could fix a lot of the issues on the OL. Take his OL knowledge, can Moeller, bring in a better receivers coach, a QB coach, and keep Wilbert Montgomery.

Let it be a committee thing. Flacco is going to be a 5th year starter with a shit ton of experience in this league. It's time this offense become his.

Blog Entries

Actually, since he's unemployed right now I wonder if he'd just come here to be the OL coach?