Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

FilmStudy on Flacco's Production with ATS

According to FILMSTUDY, Flacco had ATS (Ample Time and Space) on:
    3 of 12 occasions when the Texans rushed 4
    1 of 13 pass plays with 5 or 6 rushing
    6 of 7 pass plays when Houston rushed 7

OK, so FilmStudy scored the Oline's performance in the Houston playoff game and the right side of the Oline performed poorly. Oher, as a matter of fact, played like crap. However, the guys picked up the blitz really well. Birk should get some credit for that even though he is a physical liability (have fun with Wilfork on Sunday )

Who does HoodyCheat have that performs like JJ Watt and Brooks Reed? HoodyCheat knows that a pressure 4 with LBs and DBs patrolling zones will confound Joe long enough to allow a "coverage sack".

Can Joe beat the Pats D when they play zone? Will the Pats just stick with man coverage since the Ravens WRs couldn't create separation on Sunday?
    Last edited by SC_Raven_Fan; 01-20-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Mods: Can one of you fix FILMSTUDY's name in the title of my thread?Thx!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Re: RilmStudy on Flacco's Production with ATS

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    According to FILMSTUDY, Flacco had ATS (Ample Time and Space) on:
    3 of 12 occasions when the Texans rushed 4
    1 of 13 pass plays with 5 or 6 rushing
    6 of 7 pass plays when Houston rushed 7

OK, so FilmStudy scored the Oline's performance in the Houston playoff game and the right side of the Oline performed poorly. Oher, as a matter of fact, played like crap. However, the guys picked up the blitz really well. Birk should get some credit for that even though he is a physical liability (have fun with Wilfork on Sunday )

Who does HoodyCheat have that performs like JJ Watt and Brooks Reed? HoodyCheat knows that a pressure 4 with LBs and DBs patrolling zones will confound Joe long enough to allow a "coverage sack".

Can Joe beat the Pats D when they play zone? Will the Pats just stick with man coverage since the Ravens WRs couldn't create separation on Sunday?
    I think the Pats will go man. While Joe may struggle against zone, the preception that our WRs can't get open (somewhat true mind you) I think will "bait" the Pats into man. I think this plays into the offense's hands. Why? Because Joe can throw into very small windows. Torrey can burn anyone on a 9 route. Who can cover Rice in space?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

The Pats are going to have to at least play a little zone because of Torrey's speed. They don't have a Jonathan Joseph like Texans do who can play him man to man every down. If you can go back and watch what the Pats D did to Stevie Johnson of the Bills. That will give you an idea of how they'll handle Torrey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Pats are going to have to at least play a little zone because of Torrey's speed. They don't have a Jonathan Joseph like Texans do who can play him man to man every down. If you can go back and watch what the Pats D did to Stevie Johnson of the Bills. That will give you an idea of how they'll handle Torrey.
    I agree. The Pats have nowhere near the talent in their secondary as the Texans do.

Blog Entries

They don't have anybody that can run with Torrey so I agree, they likely put a safety deep. I'm telling you; I feel good about the matchups.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I would play zone and have someone spy Rice......who that is, I don't know. Ravens will dump to Rice who will try and beat their LBs in space.

Best way to beat their defense is to knock Brady off his game, and force them to protect a one possession game, hopefully with about three minutes left.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I would play zone and have someone spy Rice......who that is, I don't know. Ravens will dump to Rice who will try and beat their LBs in space.

Best way to beat their defense is to knock Brady off his game, and force them to protect a one possession game, hopefully with about three minutes left.
    Probably Mayo on Rice. That would be my guess.

Leach'll be important then. Rice has to learn to follow him a bit more. Getting Rice in motion on some passing downs may help clear the middle of the field for the TEs if they dedicate a LB to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Probably Mayo on Rice. That would be my guess.
    They need to try and take advantage of Brandon Spikes with Rice, Pitta, or Dickson. He can't cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They don't have anybody that can run with Torrey so I agree, they likely put a safety deep. I'm telling you; I feel good about the matchups.
    I agree. My worry is the Oline. NE's Dline isn't as talented as Houston's but Joe needs 3.5 secs. Ne went ballistic against Denver's Oline. I don't Joe coming outta this game with torn cartilage.

No one mentions that NE barely beat the Ravens during the regular season games with Joe. Anyone remember a dropped 4th-and-1 pass? Drops killed Green Bay and they'll kill the Ravens, if these guys play like they did this past Sunday.
    Last edited by SC_Raven_Fan; 01-20-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

11. Re: RilmStudy on Flacco's Production with ATS

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    They need to try and take advantage of Brandon Spikes with Rice, Pitta, or Dickson. He can't cover.
    None of their LB's can cover!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Doing that also opens up Dickson right up the middle. That's what I'm looking for all game.