Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Trevor Pryce says; "NO WAY RAVENS BEAT PATRIOTS"!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You can't really compare the Texans' OL with the Pats' OL.

The Texans' OL is easily (right now) the best unit in the NFL. The protection they gave Yates after both Schaub and Leinart went down was pretty remarkable.

A lot of credit to Gary Kubiak for that one.
    Granted, but if you think that the Patriots O-line is that far off in terms of keeping Brady clean and upright, then you haven't been paying attention. Add to the fact that the Texans don't have Yates slinging the ball all game and you get a much better picture of the Patriot O-line. I Just don't know were Raven fans get some of this stuff, it's like the make stuff up just to let themselves feel better about their chances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shasta01 View Post
    Granted, but if you think that the Patriots O-line is that far off in terms of keeping Brady clean and upright, then you haven't been paying attention. Add to the fact that the Texans don't have Yates slinging the ball all game and you get a much better picture of the Patriot O-line. I Just don't know were Raven fans get some of this stuff, it's like the make stuff up just to let themselves feel better about their chances.
    Well, at no point did I ever say that the Patriots' line wasn't any good.

You pointed out that the Ravens didn't get to Yate. I pointed out that the Texans' OL is the best in the league right now. It is two different types of offenses. Brady will drop back and throw the ball 35+ times a game whereas they may call 10 designed runs all game. The Texans obviously live and die by the run.

I'm not making anything up. If you look at all of my posts on this particular match up all I've said is that the Patriots' D isn't that great on their back end, but they've still got some players (pointed out Ninkovic, Wilfork, Mayo, and Spikes specifically). However I don't buy the Patriots are going to score 100 points on the Ravens, which is what most of your ilk seem to think. It's not going to happen. It's going to be a close game. The Ravens are not the Broncos. With the way some of you guys are posting on here I'd venture to say that I probably know more about the Patriots and their personnel than you do.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, at no point did I ever say that the Patriots' line wasn't any good.

You pointed out that the Ravens didn't get to Yate. I pointed out that the Texans' OL is the best in the league right now. It is two different types of offenses. Brady will drop back and throw the ball 35+ times a game whereas they may call 10 designed runs all game. The Texans obviously live and die by the run.

I'm not making anything up. If you look at all of my posts on this particular match up all I've said is that the Patriots' D isn't that great on their back end, but they've still got some players (pointed out Ninkovic, Wilfork, Mayo, and Spikes specifically). However I don't buy the Patriots are going to score 100 points on the Ravens, which is what most of your ilk seem to think. It's not going to happen. It's going to be a close game. The Ravens are not the Broncos. With the way some of you guys are posting on here I'd venture to say that I probably know more about the Patriots and their personnel than you do.
    I would bet that you think you do anyway. I just don't know why your so shocked that many Patriots fans don't think this will be a close game, if you look at all the coverage of this game, a vast majority of the "Experts" don't think this will be a close game either. I see a close gme for the better part of the first half, but the Pats end up wining going away in the second quarter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shasta01 View Post
    I see a close gme for the better part of the first half, but the Pats end up wining going away in the second quarter.
    I think you meant "whining".

Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    If the Chargers handled the Ravens, I am confident the Patriots can.
    You can't play the we beat them and they beat you game....it just doesn't translate....none of that stuff matters come Sunday.
    I agree, but in this case it does kind of translate, the Ravens and Steelers are very similiar in the way they are built.