Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast

Ed Reed's Comments (Merged Threads)

http://baltimoresportsreport.com/ed-...nse-23965.html

Joe better get his act together on Sunday or more teammates will speak out against
    him.

2. Re: Ed Reed being honest about Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post

Joe better get his act together on Sunday or more teammates will speak out against
    him.
    I love Ed Reed.... but he should not be doing interviews during the season. Don't care if there were 7 guys streaking up the sideline wide open on the play he threw it to Rice, you just can't throw your QB under the bus like that.

To be honest, I'm exhausted of the moronic media elites giving drone fans the notion that a QB needs to get his act together. Give me a freakin break.

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed being honest about Joe Flacco

Wasn't that play bang bang? If you are expecting to throw to Rice and he falls, what was he supposed to have done?

If the intent of the play was a quick pass to Rice and not to survey other options, then whatever Torrey was doing was irrelevant, since the play was not designed to go to Torrey regardless.

Flacco didnt get rid of the ball quick because Cam doesnt give him any quick route options to throw to. The only drive that had quick reads was the last one which scored a FG. 5 minutes left in the 4th is a little too late to change up your game plan when it was clear all day Houston was getting tons of pressure up front.

To counter pressure:
    1. Crossing routes / slants
    2. WR screens with Tory
    3. Quick out routes for 3-5 yards.
    4. Pull a Belicheck and hand off to a TE or man in motion. :)

Blog Entries

I wonder if Flacco told the media Reed shouldn't have missed that tackle on Bernard Scott for a 28 yard TD run in Cincy?

I mean, since we are picking out poor plays and all...

Blog Entries

It's easy for someone on the sideline to determine who is open and who isn't.

Just like every receiver, in his own mind, is always open.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I was Joe I would not want a new contract, I'd wanna get the F outta Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Seems reasonable to me although not sure he should've gone public with the comments. Joe holds the ball too long, I think most can see that.

He's regressed this year but he still has a lot more positives than negatives.

Cue the 'it's all Cam's fault' responses...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Wasn't that play bang bang? If you are expecting to throw to Rice and he falls, what was he supposed to have done?

If the intent of the play was a quick pass to Rice and not to survey other options, then whatever Torrey was doing was irrelevant, since the play was not designed to go to Torrey regardless.
    This,
    It was my impression this was a quick timing route. You gotta throw the ball on time or else it doesn't work. That Rice got knocked down or fell down has no bearing on Flacco.

Blog Entries

Honestly, at times it seems most of the defensive players only want Ray Rice to get the ball.

I think sometimes race comes into it. I really do. I think some players aren't so enamored by the "white QB" of the NFL that gets jammed down everyone's throats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Seems reasonable to me although not sure he should've gone public with the comments. Joe holds the ball too long, I think most can see that.

He's regressed this year but he still has a lot more positives than negatives.

Cue the 'it's all Cam's fault' responses...
    He held onto the ball too long waaay more times last year than this year. He improved in that area this year. I don't think there is any question that he improved in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post

him.

Can't see this being a Mark Sanchez type of situation