Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
Let me ask you a question. First of all this is all based on if Flacco has another ho-hum Flacco outing in the AFC Championship. It's very likely. If he rolls up a ton of offense on the Patriots it could all change. I think this game is that important for Flacco.

Suppose the Ravens going into 2012 have Ray Rice locked up for what should be at least three years at the level he's at now. Basically one of the best.

The question I think that people honestly need to ask themselves is how many more games do you think they could win with one or the other. Rice is an NFL superstar. Flacco is not. A decent veteran free agent QB could play at Flacco's current level if he doesn't like playing out his rookie deal deciding he'll become a FA. The Ravens could survive. There aren't a lot players like Ray Rice. There are a lot of quarterbacks like Flacco.
First off, what makes you think they won't do both contracts this offseason?

Second, you're supposition about which player is more important is just wrong. RB's are much easier to replace than QB's. Yes, Rice is special, but it's much easier to replace him than it would be to start over at QB. And who exactly are these veteran QB's that would plug in and play better than Flacco?