Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If the Ravens play like yesterday, they lose

I hear this after every Ravens win and frankly, I'm tired of it. What don't people get?

This is the game we play and we do it better than anyone else. Who else but else would have won that game?

I don't get into aesthetics about wins and how pretty they look. It's ridiculous how some of us feel like we lost yesterday. Our team has tremendous heart. Our quarterback was battered all day. We were gashed defensively. The talking heads are still trying to figure out how we won. Because we're the FUCKING RAVENS THAT'S HOW!

All the pretty teams are home or are going home next week.

Ravens nation, Stand Up!!!!

Blog Entries

Re: If the Ravens play like yesterday, they lose

They rarely play "poorly" two games in a row. I wouldn't even call yesterday's game poor. Just a little frustrating on the offensive side for me.

But we are a more balanced team than NE. That balance will help us. We can depend on each side of the ball.

Even though the defense allowed 100 each to Johnson and Foster, we allowed no points in the second half. That's pretty impressive, rookie QB or not. 13 total points.

We can beat the Patriots. I have no doubt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I hear this after every Ravens win and frankly, I'm tired of it. What don't people get?

This is the game we play and we do it better than anyone else. Who else but else would have won that game?

I don't get into aesthetics about wins and how pretty they look. It's ridiculous how some of us feel like we lost yesterday. Our team has tremendous heart. Our quarterback was battered all day. We were gashed defensively. The talking heads are still trying to figure out how we won. Because we're the FUCKING RAVENS THAT'S HOW!

Don't get upset. This is mostly created by the media. They "dis" or disregard the Ravens, and here we are going to the AFCC game. They dwell on the Pats - Tebow game, but don't mention the Fins game when they were down 17 - 0 OR the Bills game where they were behind 21 - 0 (both games in Foxboro). The Ravens won't fall apart if they get leads like those. My early prediction is Ravens 23 - Pats 20. I hope you feel a little bit better now... Bc

Blog Entries

Some fans have become so accustomed to the wins, that they no longer appreciate the win itself. It has to be flashy, because they see the Saints and Patriots win in flashy fashion. As much as some fans have begun criticizing losses ('We won, but it feels like we lost'), they will miss these days, as soon as they are over.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Ravens went against the best defense in the league yesterday. (Technically number 2 behind Pittsburgh, but the Steelers had a weaker schedule than the Texans). Next week against New England the offense will have more success.

Who knows maybe we go up there and dominate them the way we did two years ago in the playoffs. Maybe if we do that the Ravens finally get some respect.

If we can get by New England , I think the Ravens will win it all. They have already handled the 49ers and the Giants are playing well but are not on the Ravens level.
    I see the winner of the Ravens-New England game next week as taking home the rings.

Blog Entries

Personally I'd be more scared of NYG than NE.

NYG is playing lights out on both sides of the ball right now.

Americanmade2012 Guest

WE WIN!!!!! next week Enough Said

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post

:word

Why put up 40+ points and lay all of your cards on the table when you really only need 2 TDs to beat a team?

I know it is a little of me drinking the purple Kool-Aid while looking at this game through purple colored lenses, but why would any team put everything out there for the next 2 opponents (hopefully) to game plan against? The Ravens D is going to be one of the best Ds the Patriots will have seen this year, period end of discussion. The Patriots D ranked #31 in the league this regular season, the Texans D ranked #2. The Ravens O should struggle against the #2 ranked D in the league.

Do you think you can figure out why the Patriots have been in so many shootouts this season? It's because their D can't stop anybody. I know that Joe Flacco only completed less than half of his passes against the Texans and Tom Brady torched the Broncos D, but do you really think the Broncos D is anything like the Ravens D? The Ravens only scored 20 points this week against the #3 ranked D in the NFL this year, the Patriots scored 45 points this week against the #20 ranked D in the NFL this year.

I think everyone who doesn't think the Ravens have a shot this week need to relax and just take a look back at the season. The Ravens may not have won 13 cames covincingly this year, but they did win.

Plus I work with one of the biggest Steelers homers who said the Ravens wouldn't beat the Steelers in the first game this year, the Ravens wouldn't sweep the Steelers this year, and the Texans were going to beat the Ravens in this playoff game. The reason I bring this up, the first thing he told me after the Ravens did beat the Texans yesterday, "Tom Brady and the Patriots are going to beat the Ravens this week," see we've got nothing to worry about it's in the bag.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Ummm, we gave up the most yards to a rusher in the playoffs EVER, when it was obvious to shut him down and force a rookie to beat you. An OL that couldn't open ANY holes for the leader of the NFL in yards from scrimmage and got their QB sacked 5 times and hurried a dozen more.

So THAT being said, the Pats won't be able to run like that, or we hope so anyway but Redding, Ngata Cody Ray and Suggs better be able to stuff that game by themselves. And the OL is going up against a pathetic front seven so BETTER be able to open up better holes.

All in all it seemed like noone really brought everything they had to the game yesterday with the exception of maybe Webb. Everyone else better step up and play like it means something. I'm hoping they stupidly looked ahead to this coming game and overlooked the Texans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Ummm, we gave up the most yards to a rusher in the playoffs EVER, when it was obvious to shut him down and force a rookie to beat you. An OL that couldn't open ANY holes for the leader of the NFL in yards from scrimmage and got their QB sacked 5 times and hurried a dozen more.

So THAT being said, the Pats won't be able to run like that, or we hope so anyway but Redding, Ngata Cody Ray and Suggs better be able to stuff that game by themselves. And the OL is going up against a pathetic front seven so BETTER be able to open up better holes.

All in all it seemed like noone really brought everything they had to the game yesterday with the exception of maybe Webb. Everyone else better step up and play like it means something. I'm hoping they stupidly looked ahead to this coming game and overlooked the Texans.
    Foster is one of the best backs in the league. He did most of his damage in the first half. The o line got man handled pretty good, but I don't believe the Pats d line will be able to replicate the Texans' effort.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Foster is one of the best backs in the league. He did most of his damage in the first half. The o line got man handled pretty good, but I don't believe the Pats d line will be able to replicate the Texans' effort.
    Look at his touches. His touches were way down in the second half and they had Yates throwing alot more. But yes I agree the Pats Dline is nothing like the Texans.