Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Americanmade2012 Guest

John Clayton article

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011...game-questions

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Q&A "Patriots sitting pretty"

Re: John Clayton article

Well written article. Nice to see some objectivity.

Blog Entries

The media is going to do what it's going to do but it's completely pointless to look at what happened yesterday as far as our offense goes and project something similar to happen next week. Big difference in the #2 D in the league and the #32 D in the league. If they go up there, rush it 31 times, and only have 87 yards, I'll personally volunteer to wash Belichick's hoodies for life.

There isn't a whole lot in that article that is indefensible. I think it was pretty spot-on.

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    There isn't a whole lot in that article that is indefensible. I think it was pretty spot-on.
    I agree just thought it was an itneresting article because usually Clayton keeps it real

Blog Entries

That's a decent overview but this is a little bit of a head scratcher:

The Ravens' best cornerback is Cary Williams, but he's been beaten for 55 passes in 110 attempts for 773 yards and four touchdowns (regular season). Lardarius Webb is a developing young cornerback, but he's been beaten for 51 passes in 89 attempts for 638 yards -- but no touchdowns.
    I get the percentage bit but otherwise I think most would say Webb is the best corner. not trying to nitpick

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I am not sure what the f*ck Clayotn is talking about regarding our corners. While Wiliams has payed pretty well, Webb is so obviously the better corner that I am forced to conclude Clayton is just making stuff up by looking at random stats.

Otherwise, Clayton's piece is a fairly professional assessment.

EDIT: Heh, I see Ricky Proehl beat me to this point. I am a slow typer. :D

I like JC, but did not think this was a great article. He seems to be blaming the Raven O instead of giving the Texan D credit and sort of seems to be projecting the possibility of NE duplicating what the Texans did.

IMO the Ravens game plan was to force Yates to beat them, but that will not be the gameplan vs Brady and NE.

:T2:

This is why no one knows who John Clayton is (outside of football junkies). His writing and appearances are objective and well-reasoned.

Clayton should also have mentioned penalty flags in his article. The way to beat Brady is to get lots of pressure on him. The only problem with that is the refs always have their hands on their yellow flags when it comes to him. Some of the most ridiculus roughing the passer calls I've seen have been called where he was barely even touched. After a few of these ticky-tack calls, we'll have to tone down our pressure and it could make for a long day.

The media has a huge double standard. Many claimed that the Texans would put up a fight because they have a good defense, and they did, but we still won. We won how many expected but now the storyline is how our offense struggled.

They're not giving the Texans any credit.

The Texans were trying to play like the Ravens yesterday with a tough running game and suffocating defense, and they did it very well. The only issue is you can't out-Raven the Ravens.