Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

How do we defend New Enlgand?

Since we already discussed how we'd defend Tebow, I'll ask the question far more likely to be relevant this time tomorrow; How do we contain New England?

My idea is to iso Webb on Welker, let Cary and Jimmy control the outside, and rotate Ayenbadajo in to cover Gronkowski. Ed Reed and Pollard can help Brendan and rotate over to Hernandez. Let Ray focus his attention on the backfield and then unleash as furious a pass rush as possible.

Obviously it'll be more complex than that but those are the matchups I think give us the best chance to win.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369131,-76.761174
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: How do we defend New Enlgand?

Pressure up front on Brady.

Same thing SF did to Brees.

Blog Entries

Stop the run in their nickel packages, put Webb on Welker and put Jimmy Smith on one of the TEs. Let Ayanbadejo cover the other.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I don't like any of our LB's...even BA covering their TE's. I know they will have to at times, but IMHO, you take your chances with DB's.

Gronkowski and Hernandez would eat BA and every other LB for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Gronkowski and Hernandez would eat BA and every other LB for lunch.
    BA is a hell of a cover linebacker. I think he can handle Gronk if he's got Pollard or Reed lurking nearby to scare Brady away a bit.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369105,-76.761187
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

The book is out on how to stop them. They are not invincible. You play press man coverage and touch Brady.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We start by beating Texans tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    BA is a hell of a cover linebacker. I think he can handle Gronk if he's got Pollard or Reed lurking nearby to scare Brady away a bit.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369105,-76.761187
    BA is our best cover LB, but he is not a hell of a cover backer.

BA cannot cover Gronkowski...the defense is going to have to mix it up with him because IMHO he is by far Brady's most dangerous weapon...moreso than Welker and Hernandez.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The book is out on how to stop them. They are not invincible. You play press man coverage and touch Brady.
    The Skins took the Patriots down to the wire. The first step to beating them is to score TD's, not Field Goals. The second step is to get two or three key stops defensively. Stay on schedule, as Brian Billick would say.

get ray lewis off the field on passing downs and put in a Carr, so we have jimmy, webb, cary and carr in on d

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Insane View Post
    We start by beating Texans tomorrow.
    :word

12. Re: How do we defend New Enlgand?

Do what pittsbugh did put your best corner on welker, put your hands on him at the line. Then double gronk and hernandez. Game set match. They really dont have anyone else.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb