1. Ravens coverage on Comcast Sports Net

How did Comcast Sports Net become the "Home" of Ravens coverage? Anyone have any info about why Comcast Sports Net is covering the Ravens like flies on SHEET on a hot Summer day? It used to be that they only covered the Redskins and a minute blurb of the Ravens..Now it starts it's nightly sports cast with the Baltimore Ravens! I'm not complaining, but I am befuddled

Re: Ravens coverage on Comcast Sports Net

people dont want to hear about a crappy team / Organization. not that confusing

3. Re: Ravens coverage on Comcast Sports Net

Quote Originally Posted by BohBalmer View Post
    people dont want to hear about a crappy team / Organization. not that confusing
    I understand and I get that, but that's not what I am asking. However, the coverage started in the beginning of the year before the Redskins became the Deadskins...I want to know who forked out the cash or pulled strings to get the Ravens so much coverage this year?

Blog Entries

it started last year when MASN and the Ravens couldnt reach an agreement on a new contract because Angelos wanted to much money from the Ravens. So the Ravens went back to CSN who they were with before MASN was around. Last season they only did a few things together but this season they have done a lot more and CSN is actually covering the Mid-Atlantic region and not just DC. I think it was a great deal to help grow the Ravens fanbase more into the DC and northern Va area.

Blog Entries

It was all Peter Angelos' fault, of course. It wasn't so much a money issue as it was Angelos being an *ssh*le issue. An agreement was made between the Ravens and MASN; but then Angelos started demanding that he had to meet Bisciotti because he never does business without looking in a man's eyes blah, blah, blah. Bisciotti, who is a firm believer in management by delegation, did not want to undermine Richard Cass and the rest of the management team that he had hired or confuse or complicate a deal when he was not particularly familiar with the minute details of the agreement. Apparently, this put a very sour taste in Bisciotti's mouth, Angelos continued to press for a face-to-face meeting, so Bisciotti decided to walk away from the deal.
    Last edited by Flipping Birdie; 01-14-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    It was all Peter Angelos' fault, of course. It wasn't so much a money issue as it was Angelos being an *ssh*le issue. An agreement was made between the Ravens and MASN; but then Angelos started demanding that he had to meet Bisciotti because he never does business without looking in a man's eyes blah, blah, blah. Bisciotti, who is a firm believer in management by delegation, did not want to undermine Richard Cass and the rest of the management team that he had hired or confuse or complicate a deal when he was not particularly familiar with the minute details of the agreement. Apparently, this put a very sour taste in Bisciotti's mouth, Angelos continued to press for a face-to-face meeting, so Bisciotti decided to walk away from the deal.
    Its an interesting contrast in management styles between Angelos and Bisciotti. Its pretty clear which one works better since one organiztion is a model franchise for their league and the other is a laughing stock.

i live in northern virginia and have to listen comcast kiss the redskins ass every minute of the day. to have Trevor Matich on the ravens post game show is disturbing. he is a redskins shill and to see kelly johnson at m&t bank stadium is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i live in northern virginia and have to listen comcast kiss the redskins ass every minute of the day. to have Trevor Matich on the ravens post game show is disturbing. he is a redskins shill and to see kelly johnson at m&t bank stadium is just weird.
    Matich is a deadskin but I thought he was impartial during deadskins post game show.