Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

With the money the Ravens paid McGahee they earned the right to send him a nasty letter.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    With the money the Ravens paid McGahee they earned the right to send him a nasty letter.

I've got to admit to not seeing many videos of McGahee being interviewed so can't compare this one to any previous- but his body language when he's telling of the 'letter' looks shifty- he grins, relinquishes eye contact with Irvin and giggles. Now I'm no body language expert but it looks a little suspicious and leads me to believe that if there was a letter, whatever was in it is being embellished more than a little.
    Last edited by Ravenblue; 01-11-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Didn't see the video, but if Willis fumbles the ball in this next game with the Broncos winning and the pats score as a result of it, he may get another letter.

5. Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

A release letter is a standard form, and the Ravens can't come right out and say they don't want to pay a backup a starter's salary. He didn't perform at the same level as Rice probably making five times as much. It wasn't a classless move at all. It was a release and a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Well, first all, my internet connection's shit so I didn't watch the video, but I think the Ravens were wrong if they thought R Williams was an upgrade over Willis. Now, obviously, Williams was more cost effective so I think therein lies the reason for their decision, but based solely on ability, it's hard not to say we'd be better w Willis over Ricky.
    Actually Ricky Williams has performed at exactly the same level at which McGahee performed while here and splitting carries with Rice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...Willis-McGahee

"Unable to perform duties to the abilities of other runningbacks"
    That sounds like my performance reviews
    at work, minus the RBs.

:ww:

Willis was fumbling more than Ray, which is not performing(kind of like in Denver last sunday, and almost cost them the game.). I would have liked to seen him stay. He was a better third down back than ricky(not much though) IMO. He couldnt even take shot from Ryan Clark without re-booting......JK JK JK .

Blog Entries

A lot of this is probably exaggeration.

However, anyone with any sense knows that McGahee was cut because he was being paid starters' money and not starting. He's the one who didn't want to take a pay cut.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Even he knew it was coming. Why else would his agent release at statement before the CBA was even settled that said if the Ravens cut McGahee he won't go back there.
    Not to mention saying back in March that Willis would not be willing to accept a paycut to stay.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Well, first all, my internet connection's shit so I didn't watch the video, but I think the Ravens were wrong if they thought R Williams was an upgrade over Willis. Now, obviously, Williams was more cost effective so I think therein lies the reason for their decision, but based solely on ability, it's hard not to say we'd be better w Willis over Ricky.
    I agree. If the contract wasn't an issue, I'd rather have kept McGahee.

What makes this sound odd is Newsome said McGahee was the hardest to cut of those he did cut. He didn't sound like he enjoyed doing it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved me some Willis prior to Ray Rice entering the scene. But he has and will always have issues handling the ball. It almost cost the Bronco's the game Sunday. For as dynamic a back as he is, he can't handle the rock.