Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looks like the arrogance and class of Pittsburgh has rubbed off on Pouncey already

I guess getting handed 2 AllPro nods when you didn't deserve them didn't help him in the humility department either.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/30170134/detail.html

Posted: 4:19 pm EST January 9, 2012Updated: 4:22 pm EST January 9, 2012
    PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey didn’t play in Sunday’s season-ending loss in Denver, but the two-time Pro Bowler made plenty of comments after the game on Twitter.

Steelers fans criticized Pouncey for promoting a rap song moments after the Steelers’ season came to an end.

Pouncey responded to several of the fans with some comments that aren’t suitable for publication.

He told one fan, “Season is over, time to move on and get better! What do you do for a living besides bother me?”

Pouncey told another fan, “Dude, you have six followers! No one cares what you have to say!! Can you see that!”

He also said, “Why would I be mad? I’m rich..play for the Steelers and have an awesome life!! Are you mad loser?”

Pouncey’s last tweet of the night said, “I’m done talking to losers!”
    Ummm wow. What a class act.

It is nice to know that Maurkice thinks he is better than everyone else just like the rest of the Pitt fans do. He fits right in.

Re: Looks like the arrogance and class of Pittsburgh has rubbed off on Pouncey already

..and Steelers fans seem to think that fans of other teams would like their dirty, cheating, classless players if they played for whatever their favorite team is.

Re: Looks like the arrogance and class of Pittsburgh has rubbed off on Pouncey already

Downside of players using twitter. Too easy to lose your cool, and not think before you speak. Some Lions cornerback was doing the same thing after they lost to the Saints.

Then again, I'm not sure why Pittsburgh fans were bothering to attack the center who wasn't playing in the first place. Ike Taylor has a twitter account too.

Blog Entries

Does his brother have this mentality as well?

This just portrays the overall arrogance in the Steeler locker, that began leaking out into the public before the season began. Lamar Woodley felt the need to declare that the Ravens wouldn't make it to the Super Bowl with Joe Flacco at QB, so long as he was alive. Ryan Clark had some words to say, if I am not mistaken.

After the week 1 game, Troy Polamalu admitted that, perhaps, this team needed to be humbled. The front office's decision to stick with what got them to the SB last year, and not upgrade, personified that. The sweep by the Ravens personified that. The defensive play calling by Dick LeBeau and execution by the Steelers defense, against the Broncos, personified it. The way the Steelers began picking fights with anybody that took them head on, this season, personified it.

They were an arrogant team that thought they could just line up and win. They still won twelve games, given all of their injuries, which is something to respect.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Athletes and Twitter - a terrible combination.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Twitter has really given fans a closer glimpse into the mentality that many of them already suspected, most athletes have: That they are above us, whether they succeed or fail, because they make more money than we do and have more fame that we do.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Unfortunately most players feel this way. A sense of entitlement because of their natural ability. Something tells me this kind of behavior isn't discouraged by the Steelers organization. Afterall look at their QB. The whole team has a holier than thou attitude.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

What is sad about it is this: How many of these athletes actually have good money, health and relationship stability, late into their lives?

Blog Entries

The Steelers really messed up by keeping Ben, when it comes to this type of public viewing of them. They did it to win games and they are not the only team that will do it. The Ravens have an offensive line coach with multiple DUIs. However, it just does not go over well with such a public figure.

These players, worshipped in high schools, praised in college, hyped up in the draft and then enter the league

And in Pouncey's case, despite being injury plagued has picked up a great reputation by the media talking heads

Any wonder some players look down on the people who pay their wages, be it through season tickets or TV subscriptions or jerseys
    Some players were always like this, just that twitter gets their snap reactions for all to see

Of course all are not like this and some are very humble
    I could name many but I'll just pick Ray Rice as one example

Blog Entries

That will not go over well in Pittsburgh.

Blog Entries

Both Pounceys had reputations for being dicks in college.