Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If the Texans win on Saturday the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl

This week the Ravens and to some degree their fans get to sit back, rest a bit both physically and mentally before cranking up the adrenaline throttle in preparation for January 15, 2012 at 1:00PM. Together we can take in all the games, the most interesting and perhaps most pivotal of which for the Ravens is the Bengals v. Texans game in Houston this Saturday at 4:30PM.

The oddsmakers have installed the home team as a 3 point favorite and if it plays out that way and the Texans win, it should be music to the ears of Ravens fans. That means the Ravens would host the Texans a week from Sunday and in all likelihood, despite being banged up, the Steelers will draw the Patriots on Saturday, January 14.

Earlier this season the Steelers beat the Patriots on October 30 at Heinz Field by the score of 25-17. It wasn’t that close. And despite their injuries, if the Steelers can take the early lead on January 14 in Foxboro, I don’t think they’ll give it up as easily as the philanthropic Dolphins and Bills who wet the bed after taking 17-0 and 21-0 leads on the Patriots, respectively.

After the Ravens hand the Texans a Charm City beat down, they will get ready to host the Steelers on January 22 at 3PM.
    Now unless you’ve just returned from a tour of duty in the caves of Afghanistan, you know that the Ravens swept the Steelers during the 2011 regular season and that fact seems to make many fans a little uneasy.

“It’s so hard to beat a team three times in the same season.”

No it’s not!

It’s hard to PLAY the same time three times in the same season. BUT if one team beats the other during the first two games it’s actually more likely that the winner of games 1 and 2 also wins the third. In fact during the modern era of the NFL (when the AFL & NFL merged) this situation has presented itself 18 times and the team that has taken the first 2 games also won the third 12 times – 67% of the time!

Root for the Texans on Saturday and if your cheers are answered by Arian Foster & Company, prepare to see the Ravens represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLVI.

Oh and as the home team they’ll get to wear purple too!

You with me?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: If the Texans win on Saturday the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl

I was with you right up to the point where the Stealers go into NE and beat them.

Don't think it is happening, injuries are starting to mount for the Steelers and they are limping (literally) into the playoffs right now.

I would LOVE to see the Ravens hand the Stoolers a third beat down at the Vault. Not only would it propell us to the Super Bowl but it would silence the inbred pisser fans for the rest of the year! The yinzers will just have to be content with bitching and crying about Gatorade baths and the refs being out to get them.
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

Yep, I'm with you!

Go Ravens, AFC North Champions!!!
    "Well, I'd rather live with the hound dogs, for the rest of my natural-born life." Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd

I honestly think that Cincy has a good chance of winning at Houston. Houston won their division and then quickly deflated. That and their QB situation is up in the air.

But yes, I think we'd all welcome a chance to host the AFC title game and take out the Steelers for a 3rd time this season.

I think that would be our easiest path. I wouldn't mind the steelers though at home here. What if Denver beats Pitt Cincy beats Houston then get Denver here, that would be the easiest way to the AFCC game, but that ain't happening only in my dreams.

I Agree %100! But i think regardless of who the Ravens face, they are are going to the Superbowl, but I'm still gonna root for the Texans because like you said, that will give us the best shot at hosting the AFCC. Even if we have to go the Foxborough I see us winning. They may be able to come back and win against bad teams, but not the Ravens!

sorry. dont see that scenario happening. i think cincy goes in and beats houston and we get pit in the 2nd round. 3 of the 4 teams in the afc divisional round will be from the north

I dont think anything that happens this weekend will have any bearing on how far the Ravens go in the playoffs. I think that is up to the Ravens.

Very interesting. However if the Texans win I don't see the Steelers beating NE on the road.

The Patriots usually handle Pittsburgh pretty easily. Brady has historically lit up the Steelers secondary with the exception of the one game this year. Bilichick is not going to lose to the Steelers at home after a bye week. Bilichick VS Tomlin is no contest, and the Steelers are banged up and old. They may even lose to Denver next week.

Blog Entries

Houston has a solid running game and they have AJ back as wide receiver but I'm still not sure they can win that game. Regardless, can't wait for the Ravens home game against whoever - bring it!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I will definitely be on the Texans bandwagon this weekend. Houston hasn't had a playoff game in, what, 20 years? So the fans should be really fired up. They still have Foster and Tate, great o line and really good defense. Let Houston enjoy their one playoff win and then get a cold slap of reality on the 15th.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk