Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Vontae Leach was worth every penny.

He has been making some serious blocks out there. The Ravens won the division, largely, by running the football. Their were only two divisional games where Ray Rice didn't rush for 100 yards. I think that Leach was worth the money.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Vontae Leach was worth every penny.

Yep, if you watch the Ravens play, you have to appreciate what Leach can do. He takes at least one defender out each running play. It's kind of like watching a lion take down his prey. He has great patience and makes good decisions. Not sure I've seen him miss a block all year.
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries

Ain't that the truth.

They really fell off last year running the ball. And it wasn't a whole lot better the first half of this season. But as they committed to it more, the OL gelled, and Rice got used to running behind Leach, the run game solidified into something damn fine.

That's just the way I like it. Apparently, I'm in the minority around here, because nobody else seems happy unless we hang 45 points on the board through the air, but I'd run the ball 75 times a game if I could. A strong running game, a strong defense, and you can win in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

I cannot remember if it was Rice's second TD run or not, but Leach took out two defenders on one play yesterday.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I cannot remember if it was Rice's second TD run or not, but Leach took out two defenders on one play yesterday.
    Yes that's the play. I watched the replay and just marveled at how he did it. It's really refreshing and satisfying to have someone like Leach fully embrace his role as a true fullback.

Great!
    Way Down South in New Orleans

absolutely agree about Leach

and Lee Evans has been a big bust

Blog Entries

Glad Cam finally figured that this team should be running the ball. Too bad it took him so long. He better not forget that in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

He makes me LOL at least once in every game when he destroys a corner or safety. What a guy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    Along with our tight ends, he is responsible for the balance of power shift with the steelers

First game of the season, early in the game, Vonta Leach exploded through the hole (as the lead blocker) and sent James Harrison airborne.

He's been one of my favorite Ravens ever since. :respect

Blog Entries

The trucking he put on P Willis in the Thanksgiving game has to top my list of his favorite hits. He flattened the best MLB in the league, like he was a 180 lb CB.