Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Glass is Half Full

More specifically, the Ravens are 6-0 against the other playoff teams this season.

I really don't give a crap that they lost to Jax. They have a far more impressive set of WINS than any other playoff team with the possible exception of the Packers.

/rant

Re: The Glass is Half Full

Agreed.

They show up when they need to.

And the Jax corners got away with MURDER that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    More specifically, the Ravens are 6-0 against the other playoff teams this season.

I really don't give a crap that they lost to Jax. They have a far more impressive set of WINS than any other playoff team.

/rant
    I agree 100% man.

Ravens are the AFCN champs. Period. They have an impressive resume of wins.

Congrats to them.

Congrats to Ray Rice having a sensational year with 1300+ rushing yards, tons of passing yards(did he lead the league in total yards?) and 12 TDs!

Congrats to Flacco having yet another 3600+ season, 20 tds, and this with new receivers and tons of drops.

Congrats to John Harbaugh, and Ozzie for a tremendous offseason that initially had people thinking this was a 9-7 type team, and instead having a second 12-4 one.

Well done guys, and especially, congrats on sweeping the division, especially those toothless Yinzers to the near west.

Half full? From where I'm sitting, our cup runneth over.

What's the old cliche for how to be a great team?

Go 8-0 at home and split the road. We did that AND swept the only division to send 3 teams to the playoffs. Plus like you said, 6-0 against playoff teams! Remember when people used to say it didn't matter that Harbs never lost to the crap teams because in the end he would lose to the elite guys? Well, apparently he decided he was sick of that meme because this team FEASTS ON THE CREAM of the CROP and WE CAN NOT BE BEAT by ANYONE in OUR HOUSE!
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Agree with the last poster we have improved whoopin teams with good records and playoff teams at that, I believe this home field advantage is what we need to get over this hump.

i dont fear many teams in this playoff field. if we take it one game at a time we will be just fine

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I agree 100% man.

Ravens are the AFCN champs. Period. They have an impressive resume of wins.

Congrats to them.

Congrats to Ray Rice having a sensational year with 1300+ rushing yards, tons of passing yards(did he lead the league in total yards?) and 12 TDs!

Congrats to Flacco having yet another 3600+ season, 20 tds, and this with new receivers and tons of drops.

Congrats to John Harbaugh, and Ozzie for a tremendous offseason that initially had people thinking this was a 9-7 type team, and instead having a second 12-4 one.

Well done guys, and especially, congrats on sweeping the division, especially those toothless Yinzers to the near west.
    Rice led the NFL with 2068 yards. He also had 15 TDs a new Raven record.

Blog Entries

Ravens FACT : None of the teams we lost to (Tenn., Jax, S. D., Seattle) made the playoffs. Since we've played down to poorer teams, things are looking up... Bc

Blog Entries

You're right Film but we'd have #1 seed had we taken
    care of business in JAX and Seattle like we should have.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ravens FACT : None of the teams we lost to (Tenn., Jax, S. D., Seattle) made the playoffs. Since we've played down to poorer teams, things are looking up... Bc
    All those teams, with the exception of Jax, was in the playoff hunt up until last week. As fans we should all be very proud of what this team accomplished this year, and not get too caught up in the shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Blog Entries

You can say what you want about what the Ravens could have done or what issues they have, every team in the AFC playoffs has issues that are just as, if not more significant.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're right Film but we'd have #1 seed had we taken
    care of business in JAX and Seattle like we should have.
    While that may be true hindsight is 20/20 and true as well. What do you think the New Orleans fanbase is thinking this morning? They have to play next weekend because they couldn't beat St Louis earlier in the year. How about the Steelers fanbase? All they had to do (which typically happens) is split with us and the seeding is different. Fans in Tenn, New York (jets), Oakland and Dallas could just point at one game and lament