Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The use of WR's...

Just watching the Giants/Dallas game right now and I've been keeping an eye on Victor Cruz most of the season. I really wish that in the future they use Torrey Smith like the Giants use Cruz. Both of their games are very similar and predicated on pure speed.

Kevin Gillbride, the Giants OC, has done a really great job there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: The use of WR's...

This is where someone will employ a Begging the Question fallacy and assert Cruz is way better than Smith.

Our team looks so much different with a legitimate receiver next to Smith. When Boldin is in it opens up a lot for Smith. Evans has not done much to draw attention or even get open.

For Cruz, Nicks helps him a lot in the same way. It's important that Boldin gets healthy for the playoffs because we're going to need to throw more to receivers and less to tight ends if we want to score more offensively.

Blog Entries

Probably.

Cruz has enjoyed a break out season, no doubt.

However, he's 6'1" and about 200lbs. Torrey is 6'1" and around 205lbs...and both guys are incredibly fast and have good leaping ability.

Cruz isn't a rookie though.

Meh, that's why I said that I'm hoping that they try and use Torrey in that kind of a fashion in the future.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

How Gennings made he probowl over Cruz is beyond me.

I think Cruz has better hands, than Torrey, but he isn't as fast as Torrey. He's just a play-maker. He plays big. Love everything about his game.

I'm still scared that Torrey's hands will stop him from reaching his full potential, but i'm pleased with his progress.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Still with the small hands thing? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Yup that's what i meant.. his tiny hands.

He catches everything, and never drops a ball, but i just dont like his tiny, baby hands...

Hate people with Tiny hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    He said good hands, and it's hard to argue that T Smith has elite hands. I think you could argue pretty convincingly that they're sub-par. However, it seemed to improve as the year went along.

I'm more than happy what he did this year.

I'm mostly messing with you but Terrell Owens dropped a LOT of balls over the course of his career. He's one of the most notorious droppers probably in NFL history but still will probably be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

If he drops balls, then he drops balls. Not every player can be a '5-tool player' (to steal a phrase from baseball). As long as he makes more good plays than bad it's all we can ask from him. His drops certainly aren''t for lack of effort

10. Re: The use of WR's...

How would you like to have a player with gilly hands as your starting reciever.

It's pretty evident that the Ravens are going to have to upgrade the WR position in the off season. Flacco needs another playmaker to open up the field. How many targets did the WRs get today? With the exception of one pass to Evans (which he alligator-armed) were there any besides Torrey Smith? Those elite QBs have multiple options at WR. The Ravens have just two and one is a possession-type guy who didn't play today.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It's pretty evident that the Ravens are going to have to upgrade the WR position in the off season. Flacco needs another playmaker to open up the field. How many targets did the WRs get today? With the exception of one pass to Evans (which he alligator-armed) were there any besides Torrey Smith? Those elite QBs have multiple options at WR. The Ravens have just two and one is a possession-type guy who didn't play today.
    I think we've gotten a good idea of just how much Anquan affects our offense in terms of his production and ability to help other receivers get open during his time injured It's going to be nice having him back. And Lee Evans still has talent and is probably best suited at the slot receiver anyway.