Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mendenhall has a torn ACL (Merged)

Oh snap!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...have-torn-acl/

Tomlin says Mendenhall could have torn ACL

Posted by Mike Florio on January 1, 2012, 8:16 PM EST

The Steelers won their game on Sunday in Cleveland, but they lost their shot at the bye week that would have accompanied the AFC North title.

They also may have lost their starting running back for the bulk of the offseason, if not longer.

Coach Mike Tomlin told reporters after the game that running back Rashard Mendenhall could have a torn ACL, and that Mendenhall is not expected to play next weekend in Denver.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that an MRI will be performed tomorrow. (As if that needed a source.)

Mendenhall would be the second big-name running back to suffer a torn ACL in consecutive weeks. Eight days ago, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson suffered the same injury.

Re: Mendenhall probably has a torn ACL

thats a damn shame....

Blog Entries
    Wow, hadn't heard. Tough break for sure

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Sucks for him, usually I would feel a little bad for him but ever since he dropped all the Truther/ "People shouldn't be HAPPY that bin Laden died" bullshit he's been number 3 on my list of players who I just want bad stuff to happen to.

(For the record, the list is 1. Michael "I murder dogs because making hundreds of millions of dollars is boring" Vick, 2. Ben "No Means You guys watch the door for me, she meant yes weather she likes it or not" Roethlisberger, 3. Mendenhall, and 4. James "Fuck the Rules, I just want to hurt people because if I had to play fair I wouldn't be nearly as effective" Harrison.
    Last edited by ActualSpamBot; 01-02-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

He stinks anyway, doubt there will be a huge dropoff

Blog Entries

Isaac Redman is the better back for them. With Ben Roethlisberger injured and not as mobile as usual, they were not going to run the ball on the Ravens with Mendenhall. Redman is the tougher runner and takes better care of the football. You never want to see someone hurt, but this may work out for Pittsburgh.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Typical. Before every Steelers game I know there will be an injury. That team has had nothing but streams of injuries all year. I am surprised they have made 12 - 4 and were in contention for the division. Hopefully there will be no playoff injuries and they can advance at least a little healthier. This is a critical time of year.

Again steelers have lucked out this year, play many teams with a inexperienced QB(Colts, Chiefs, Cleveland) or opposing players hurt(Tenn, houston Rams) I think they luck out against the Broncos . After that we'll see.,

9. Re: Mendenhall probably has a torn ACL

Huh? Guess you didn't see Redman's 2 fumbles yesterday?

Blog Entries

Mendenhall Torn ACL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-to-torn-acl/

Even though Mendenhall has never been a major Raven killer, it's still a significant loss for the Steelers.

Isaac Redman, Mewelde Moore, and John Clay are their backs now.

I actually think this makes the Steelers more dangerous because now you're going to see a lot of spread formations with their speedy WR's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Mendenhall Torn ACL

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! It's bad but I'm always happy when the Squeelers get bad news!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Sucks for him, usually I would feel a little bad for him but ever since he dropped all the Truther/ "People shouldn't be HAPPY that bin Laden died" bullshit he's been number 3 on my list of players who I just want bad stuff to happen to.

(For the record, the list is 1. Michael "I murder dogs because making hundreds of millions of dollars is boring" Vick, 2. Ben "No Means You guys watch the door for me, she meant yes weather she likes it or not" Roethlisberger, 3. Mendenhall, and 4. James "Fuck the Rules, I just want to hurt people because if I had to play fair I wouldn't be nearly as effective" Harrison.
    I like that list a lot. Mine probably has vick behind the rapist. Im an animal lover and pitbull rescuer but i really really hate rape.
    -JAB