Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

If you were Ozzie Newsome...

...would you drive a Brinks truck to Drew Brees' house if New Orleans doesn't lock him up? For what its worth I told anyone who would listen that they should have grabbed him before the '06 season as he had far more upside than Steve McNair at the time. Obviously water under the bridge at this point but just imagine having him over the last 6 years?!? I'm thinking at least one SB in that time.

Anyways, if he somehow enters the market do you pull the trigger?

Re: If you were Ozzie Newsome...

Only 32, I was sure he was older
    Seems he's been around forever

Just throwing that in there
    I was going to question his age and remaining years

we couldnt afford him. i dont think..

I'd rather back a Brinks truck to Brees' house than severely overpay for Joe's next contract.

no chance NO is letting him go.

It's hard to evaluate Joe, cause of Cameron. When games don't the Ravens way, they are not coached to adjust. No plan b,c,d,e that's why they lose. The Ravens are very easy to prepare for when they are on offense. Nothing changes, snap count, timing, routes or blocking patterns.

If NO doesn't sign him we should get a group of Ravens fans and fly to NO to convince him. Ill pay for the tickets!!

why dont we all pitch in 10 dollars. theres bound to be a 1/2 million ravens fans world wide? that would pay half a years salary

Drew Brees is playing out of his mind.

He's sorta of the antithesis of Flacco. Not a terribly strong arm. Good accuracy. Great pocket awareness. I'm not sure if our WRs compliment him well though.

I think that if we had signed Brees in 2006, we'd have home field advantage locked up for the playoffs already and would be positioning ourselves for our 3rd Lombardi right about now.

However, that having been said, even with Brees, I still don't think we beat SD last night. They played that well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    It's hard to evaluate Joe, cause of Cameron. When games don't the Ravens way, they are not coached to adjust. No plan b,c,d,e that's why they lose. The Ravens are very easy to prepare for when they are on offense. Nothing changes, snap count, timing, routes or blocking patterns.
    I'm torn as well. While I'm 99% sure NO resigns Brees, I'm just throwing out a scenario were he to become available. On one hand, I think Joe has enormous upside (once Cam is gone) but you can't argue that Brees would be an instant upgrade over Joe. Do you think a team would take Joe in trade?

I'd cut the old guys on defense to free cap space to get Brees lol

12. Re: If you were Ozzie Newsome...

Personally I'd rather spread the money around to receivers who could catch the ball. On the bright side I feel that Dickson and Pitta, our TEs, are only going to get better. Torrie Smith will, but Boldin's disappearing act and drops has worn thin IMO.