Win and we are in! ???

I assume we are in a clinching (playoff birth) scenario this week. I just was wondering if anyone can confirm this.

Baltimore 10 3 7-2
    Tennessee 7 6 5-4
    Cincinnati 7 6 6-5
    Oakland 7 6 5-5

These are the final seed contenders... I guess Denver could be lumped in here but someone has to win the West. After this week we (after a victory) 11 wins would make it impossible for any of these teams to overtake us.

2. Re: Win and we are in! ???

Interestingly enough, another Ravens season featured a playoff-berth-clinching win over San Diego in week 15.

Blog Entries

Re: Win and we are in! ???

The Jets are at 8-5. If they win out they can lock up a wildcard spot.

No one else can take us over for a Wildcard spot at a minimum if we win next week though correct?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...rths-with-wins

The Ravens and Steelers would secure playoff berths because the only AFC team that could reach 11 wins and not win its division is the Jets, who would lose tiebreakers to both teams. But Baltimore and Pittsburgh wouldn't even need the tiebreaker over the Jets because they would each be guaranteed one of the two wild-card spots (since no more than six AFC teams can mathematically reach 11 wins).

While a playoff spot would be secured, the Ravens and Steelers are still battling for the AFC North title, a top-two seed and a first-round bye.

Yes, if we win, we claim wildcard spot (originally thought we needed a Broncos as well, but don't need to now due to the situation in the AFC West).

Also, these combinations of - Jets loss + Titans loss, Raiders loss + Jets loss, Titans loss + Raiders loss will do as well I think.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/ravensclinch.html

If the Ravens win they clinch at least a 5 seed.

If the Ravens lose they would still clinch at least a 5 seed if the Jets, Titans, and Raiders all lost.

If the Ravens lose they would still clinch at least a 6 seed if 2 of those teams lost.

thank you for the link

I don't think there is any question that we make the playoffs with a home game in hand againts the Browns..

This season needs to be all about winning out and getting the #1 seed for a change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I don't think there is any question that we make the playoffs with a home game in hand againts the Browns..

This season needs to be all about winning out and getting the #1 seed for a change.
    This is the nut-n-bolts, best case scenario the Ravens need to get to the Super Bowl. IMO the way this team is playing now, we should win out. It is important, with our key veterans, to get a BYE week. Not only to heal bumps and bruises or rest their weary bodies, but it is a psychological boost.
    (a) a week off (consider our early BYE week this season).
    (b) Home game vs. Wild Card team.
    (c) Win (b) then a guaranteed AFCC game in Baltimore.
    Question : What team, in their right mind, would want to play a rested Ravens team in Baltimore in January? ... Bc

The rest thing is overblown for the most part. The Steelers and Giants both won 3 road games to get to the SB in the last few years. It's not that big of a deal anymore to have the bye week other than to get an injured player or two a little more time to heal.

Blog Entries

we all know how much of a difference home field makes for this team. Just hope they can get past SD

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!