Ogden Working Hard to Get Back

Good Preston article today on J.O. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

It's got to be tough coming back and getting in the right mindset after such a loss. I think J.O. will be a pillar of strength this year and being around his teammates, and particularly his brother, will help him through it.

"Over the last six days, my conditioning has gone from a two to a six," Ogden said. "I'm trying to get to 10 by my standards, so come Sept. 10, I'll be ready to go. I've got [to face Tampa Bay's] Simeon Rice. I have to be ready."

Them's encouraging words.

Re: Ogden Working Hard to Get Back

I would like Ogden to get some reps at a conditioning level of 10 at some point during the pre-season. But as long as he's ready for the opener, I guess that's all that matters.

Do we know if he will play Thursday?

I hope this is not JO's last season. If he can stick with us until after the 2008 season, I will be happy. It would allow for us to develop our LT of the future.

Oh and JO is not playing this Thursday. I believe WNST's Casey stated that JO would play next week.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I fell bad for JO. Last season he had to deal with his brother being cut and now this. I wonder how many more years the big guy has left in him?

HOF 2011?

Blog Entries

I think he'll play this year and next, then probably look to retire before the big salary cap issue in two years...

But, JO is such a graded road warrior, he could play for longer than that. He's one guy who needs to remain a Raven for life.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!