Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Mark Sanchez an upgraded version of Kyle Boller?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    compare their other stats - they are almost identical. not sure why people say Flacco is so awesome and Sanchez sucks; they're not that far apart at all

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

Statistics wont convince the true believers or fanboy irrational haters. I just realized that Baltimore fan IS Boston Fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-A0aw70X6E

FACT: in every game I've watched mark sanchez, he has looked strikingly similar to Kyle Boller.

FACT: the jets have to win out to sniff the playoffs, which is a product of how their QB has played.

FACT: joe has won us as many games as the jets have wins this year.

FACT: joe is doing it with worse receiving options

FICTION: mark sanchez is good.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    No.

He's not an upgrade.

- C -
    Wow lol. People forgot how bad that fool really was. He was the worst QB in the league at the time in my opinion, totally incompetent, not "up and down" at all. Consistently shit. Even when is numbers looked halfway decent they were padded from garbage time yards and points. Anthony Wright outclassed him!

PSU already did, and I repeated it. The only time there numbers are comparable are when Mark is having the best year of his life and Joe is having the worst.

I'm out, PSU can argue with you if he wants but it's pretty obvious that you simply want to stir shit up and make baseless comparisons of a very good QB with a fairly mediocre one.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

those aren't facts they're opinions. No one can bring a single fact? wow.

I rest my case and I'm not even a Sanchez fan

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

can you provide some facts or stats? I guess as long as someone says Sanchez sucks it has to be true. He's got a better percentage, more yards per attempt, more TDs, and less fumbles to cite a few

Of all days to be bashing Sanchez, look at Joe's stats. Luckily we have a great running team.
    Flacco had two dropped touchdown passes today. The deep pass to Evans was a great throw that should have been a touchdown too. All three of these plays happened on different drives.

Boldin dropped two passes that would have been big gains. One of them was on third down.

Evans dropped a slant on third down that could have been a 30+ yard play.

Flacco played fine today. His receivers let him down consistently.

Flacco's receivers drop JUST as many passes as the Jets. Actually they drop more. Flacco had two big-time throws dropped against the Steelers yet he still managed to lead them down for the game winning touchdown.

He was going to put the dagger in their heart in the playoffs last year two but of course, he had three passes dropped in a row.

Flacco has outplayed Brady in every single match-up. Flacco was stellar in his two regular season games against the Patriots. Yes we lost both, but because the refs did everything to bail out the Patriots and because Clayton dropped a first down on what was set to be another great drive by Flacco. Yes, Flacco outplayed Brady in the playoff game too. He only completed 8 passes or something like that, but do you remember how terrible Brady was? Do you remember the interception he threw to Chris Carr because he was being a wimp and didn't want to get hit? He folded under the pressure in that game more than I have ever seen Flacco do. He looked like he didn't even belong in the NFL since he was playing a real NFL defense. Flacco could have done fine if we needed him to. I mean he has roasted the Patriots the other two times we played them.

Flacco has been hurt my dropped passes as much as anybody in the NFL. It is ridiculous for you to try and make it seem like Sanchez is the only quarterback who has receivers drop passes.

Blog Entries

this thread isn't about Flacco it's about Sanchez. He's a decent QB, that's all I'm saying and no one can bring one stat or fact to dispute that. should probably let the thread drop

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

boller couldn't even stay healthy. sanchez's durability alone makes him better than boller.

Blog Entries

Mark Sanchez is a decent quarterback.
    Mark Sanchez is much better than Kyle Boller.
    Joe Flacco is better than Mark Sanchez.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

this thread isn't about Flacco it's about Sanchez. He's a decent QB, that's all I'm saying and no one can bring one stat or fact to dispute that. should probably let the thread drop
    you made it about flacco when every one of your posts in this thread mentioned him.

I assume you think Cleveland is the best pass defense in the league? That's what the stats say, of course. Same with Victor Cruz being better than Larry Fitzgerald. Gotta go with the stats.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Here's a doozy of a fact. Football outsiders have a section on a player's page that compares them to other players to give you some context to the numbers.

The player Mark Sanchez's career most closely resembles to this point? Tony Freaking Banks.

Joe Flacco is in there too by the way. The player his statistics most closely resemble? 2001-2003 era Tom Brady.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

those aren't facts they're opinions. No one can bring a single fact? wow.

I rest my case and I'm not even a Sanchez fan
    Okay, you want some facts?

How about some touchdown/interception ratios? (not including the games today)

Flacco has 73 touchdowns and 42 interceptions.

Sanchez has 47 touchdowns and 44 interceptions.

Sorry man. That ends it right there. 47-44 is not even in the same HEMISPHERE as 73-42.

Sanchez has played 43 games and had 8 games of 100+ qb rating.

43 games into Flacco's career he had 17 games of 100+ qb rating.

73-42
    47-44

There is absolutely no comparison.