Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Road Trips next season? San Fran, Buffalo?

So, no one is going to the Miami game?? Or is that a no-brainer? lol, I'll be in Miami. Anyone going????
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Wink Re: Road Trips next season? San Fran, Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post
    So, no one is going to the Miami game?? Or is that a no-brainer? lol, I'll be in Miami. Anyone going????
    I'm certain that there will be thousands of Ravens fans in Miami, as usual. This will be the Ravens' 5th visit to Miami in seven seasons. Getting game tickets and cheap flights to So. Florida have never been a problem. I'll likely be there as well.

Seattle, San Francisco and Buffalo are getting more attention, perhaps, because of the rarity of road trips to these cities. The Ravens only visit to San Francisco was when the players wore the ugly helmet logo with black pants, with Vinnie and Bam Morris in the backfield (1996). There have never been road trips to Seattle or Buffalo.

Board sponsor ravenstrips.com is providing packages to all the above cities except the Christmas season game in Seattle.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post
    I'm going to Miami with 32 people. I have everything set from Thursday to Monday.

Mista T, gotcha, makes sense. Just making sure other fellow fans will be there

Sports Steve, I'll be there Thurs- Mon as well
    Waiting for the next one!!!

5. Re: Road Trips next season? San Fran, Buffalo?

If anyone is going to San Francisco, I live there (here), and posted some tips on Scout.com about visiting the city. Thread here.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to answer them. I'm Baltimore through and through, but I've lived in San Francisco since 2000 and know the city, for the most part, inside and out.

Cheers.

T, I saw your question about transportation on the other board, I will have a rental. Hell if I had to get around the city during bay to breakers I can handle It for a football game. Also making my yearly trek to wine country if your interested. For those of you old enough too remember when the Colts played in San Fran in the 60's you would be amazed to see Kezar stadium if you can call it a stadium over by Golden Gate, also the best sushi in the world in Outer Sunset.

Thnx PD. I may take you up on it, if we wind up going without a vehicle. I'd like to go for a week in Tahoe, and also visit friends in Napa Valley and possibly relatives in Monterrey. The missus, however, decided to start a career, which may impede some of my more grandiose travel plans, so -- assuming that we make the trip -- we may opt for just a weekend in the City. In that case: a car would be a nuisance.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'm going to try and get to the San Diego game. That way I can have Thanksgiving with my son who is stationed in Miramar.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Can you get me a tic if you're going?
    Sure thing --- if I wind up going. It depends on condo availability, cheap flights, and getting game tickets from the Ravens ticket office. But note that I don't plan on buying game tickets until the Wednesday/Thursday before the game, so you may want to consider a more reliable source.

i'm looking to get to the bolts game in november. it's an opportunity to see the ravens and visit my old stomping grounds

Hey Guys,

We're looking for a tailgate group in Buffalo. I bit the bullet and bought tickets through StubHub. $330 (gulp, gulp) BUT we're on the front row, 20 yard line, Ravens side. Hey, it's our anniversary so I wanted to surprise my hubby. He thinks we're in the nosebleeds. Anybody got any plans for gameday?

Jess
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

We'll do Buffalo if we get tickets (the group purchase fell apart) - we won't know for certain until the Wednesday before the game. Based on past experience, it's about a 75% probablity.

Assuming we do, we'd likely stay at Niagara Falls or Toronto and drive down early Sunday morn. We'd be happy to hook up for tailgating.

Do you know Buffalo's tailgate lots? esp which are cash lots? We can meet by a landmark, such as a numbered lightpole.