Boudreau and the State of the Caps

Looking forward to tonight to see what Hunter can do.

IMO, BB (the hockey version) needed to go. GMGM was dead on today when he said the tank was empty. He brought hockey back to the area, but the message was getting old.

Very similar to Billick in Bmore, without the obvious championship.

Re: Boudreau and the State of the Caps

Offense once again lays another egg. Seems like Ovechkin plays with less & less heart every game. Ridiculous for a team with this much talent to be playing this badly, I don't care who the coach is.
    90% of the game is half mental

I catching up on DVR and you're right -- not one shot in the first two periods. He looks VERY slow.

Thursday is shaping up to be an embarrassment.

Is it possible Ovie's hurt?

I'm a Pens fan (which is I think fairly well known to the old schoolers in the forum), so I'm hoping it's a blood-bath tonight. Seriously, I hope Crosby puts up a hat trick with two other assists, while Ovie goes -4.

But more on the Caps side, I think that firing Boudreau was necessary, but really stupid. Agree Houston, very like Billick. Except it's more extreme than that. Billick was a solid coach. He rode one of if not the best defense in history to a title. Take that title away, he was only "a good coach."

Boudreau though? He's a fantastic coach. There's almost no way to cut it. Ovie and Semin joined the team of course, and there were other changes too. But the Caps were one of the worst teams in the NHL when he came on board. I think since his hiring, they've had the best regular season record in hockey. Billick took a bad team and made it great. Boudreau took a terrible team and made it the best.

I think he compares better to Schottenheimer, actually, and what Marty did with the Chargers. And it's for similar reasons, too. Marty took a team that for six years hadn't had a winning season and averaged maybe five or six a year. Two years later they won 12, 9 and then 14 games, after which he got fired! Can anyone possibly argue that the Chargers are better under Norv than they were under Marty?

I'd bet something similar happens here. The Caps probably turn things around from their current down-slide (at least, they better hope they do, cause it'll be mayhem otherwise). But going forward, I would bet they won't be as good a team without him as they were with him.

And I sorta hope he wins a Cup with the Ducks in the next five years. Dude's a straight awesome coach. He's going to make that team really good.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Pens score early.

Caps seem more interested in hits then shots so far.

As a pens fan, im disappointed in the firing of big fat bruce. :D
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66